DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic Mini Owner: Got some vids, facing some issues

mav3

Reactions
Hi,

I'm a new Mavic Mini owner (and new to the forums!). I love the device and it's such a fantastic product for the price. We went on a road trip for capturing some fall foliage and while I got some amazing footage, I noticed some issues in the videos:
1. In this video I yawed to bring the drone back home, I'm still getting used to how fast I should Yaw, but seems like the video I captured is very choppy + blurry (26 second mark:
)

For this video, are there any tips on how to shoot on the Mini avoiding this choppiness and any post processing tips to fix it?

2. We got another video over a small lake, it just so happened the sun was positioned behind a peak that made the water and trees dark, when I moved the camera a bit, there is an obvious red tint (photos attached). Any ideas on how to avoid it & or fix in post processing?

Any ideas / inputs are welcome. Looking forward to be a part of this online community!

Attachments

• IMG_8057.PNG
    IMG_8057.PNG
    3.2 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_8058.PNG
    IMG_8058.PNG
    3.7 MB · Views: 16
when you are videoing use c mode to slow things down ,and practice making small gentle movements with the sticks
as you get better at the controls your videos will improve

Making sure your shutter speed is 2X your frame rate will help plus making slow turns. ie: 24fps 1/50 shutter speed, 60fps 1/120 shutter speed. Some people say increasing the frame rate helps in smoothing it out but I haven't tested that out yet. It may just be they are getting closer to that 1:2 ratio at 60 fps.

Reactions: mav3
Making sure your shutter speed is 2X your frame rate will help plus making slow turns. ie: 24fps 1/50 shutter speed, 60fps 1/120 shutter speed. Some people say increasing the frame rate helps in smoothing it out but I haven't tested that out yet. It may just be they are getting closer to that 1:2 ratio at 60 fps.
Thanks, I will spend some time getting familiar with these settings.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J