DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic Mini Owner - Where can I practice flying in Calgary

Hi i am a new mavic mini owner, i am confused about where to fly my drone in calgary and i would like to meet people that fly their drones in calgary would love to exchange ideals. thanks
Hello there i’m from calgary too. I do fly my drone in priddis area and in spruce meadows. Most of the time i do fly my mini in the community park. I did try to ply in PLU zone in Mclean park

Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
Hello there i’m from calgary too. I do fly my drone in priddis area and in spruce meadows. Most of the time i do fly my mini in the community park. I did try to ply in PLU zone in Mclean park
Hi thanks for getting back to me, i really appreciate your reply. I am new to drones, I haven't been able to unbox my mavic mini because i am really confused, about the whole drone laws, i don't want to get into trouble with the law. can i fly in community park around where i leave. I leave in the Northwest of calgary kincira to be precise. Thanks

Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
Hi thanks for getting back to me, i really appreciate your reply. I am new to drones, I haven't been able to unbox my mavic mini because i am really confused, about the whole drone laws, i don't want to get into trouble with the law. can i fly in community park around where i leave. I leave in the Northwest of calgary kincira to be precise. Thanks
Me too i’m new to flying drone. Under 250g drone we are good to fly without pilot cert and registration stuff. For a starter it is better to fly in a clear space. I usually fly when there is not a lot people in the park. I did registered my mini for 5 bucks wven though we dont need to and i also did take a basic pilot exam. But then again under 250g we dont need Canadian Aviation Regulations
Link to canadian aviation rules for your ref. Esp 900.06.
enjoy flying and we will help each other for more enjoyable flying.

additional link. Worth reading before you fly

Me too i’m new to flying drone. Under 250g drone we are good to fly without pilot cert and registration stuff. For a starter it is better to fly in a clear space. I usually fly when there is not a lot people in the park. I did registered my mini for 5 bucks wven though we dont need to and i also did take a basic pilot exam. But then again under 250g we dont need Canadian Aviation Regulations
Link to canadian aviation rules for your ref. Esp 900.06.
enjoy flying and we will help each other for more enjoyable flying.

I am thinking of taking the basic pilots licence, although it appears mavic mini does not need it but i would like to have it for the knowledge. Please can you give me pointers about how to pass the exam. Did u take courses?

I am thinking of taking the basic pilots licence, although it appears mavic mini does not need it but i would like to have it for the knowledge. Please can you give me pointers about how to pass the exam. Did u take courses?
I did pass the exam. Last sunday ? praise god. Just read the canadian aviation rules for pointers. You will get it. I am sure of that. Yea you are right mini dows not need to register/pilot cert. but in the future when you need to put additional accessories it will shoot up more than 250g. Like me im thinking to put strobe light when flying because its really hard to see the drone in the air. Visual line of sight “vlos” is a must when flying any drone

I did pass the exam. Last sunday ? praise god. Just read the canadian aviation rules for pointers. You will get it. I am sure of that. Yea you are right mini dows not need to register/pilot cert. but in the future when you need to put additional accessories it will shoot up more than 250g. Like me im thinking to put strobe light when flying because its really hard to see the drone in the air. Visual line of sight “vlos” is a must when flying any drone

congratulations i am happy for you. You made a valid point with regards to adding of more accessories it increases the weight of the drone. Thanks for the pointer, you have been of great help to me. Thanks alot hope to connect with you one day.

Reactions: lowellton
The basic pilot certificate is fairly hard, study and you'll pass, its a very good thing to get, for me I needed to get one as I bought a Mavic e pro

Reactions: lowellton
Transport Canada released this infographic specifically for sub 250g drones that I like to share whenever questions come up re what's allowed with the Mini.

Calgary also has municipal regulations regarding drones and microdrones. Drones in Calgary

Attachments

• 2019-2020-AA-33_INFOGRAPHIC_EN_V8.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 13
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka