DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New mavic platinum or a Phantom 4 pro?

Schusterjo

Reactions
I need to know what one is going to be better in wind, better cam and better avoidence..

People have different opinions. If you want something portable I would definitively go for the mavic. Phantom is large and if you have the space for it, go for it. Mavic uses occusync which is better than light bridge. Also flies farther. Phantom is better in wind. Mavic camera is smaller and less powerful but the difference is barely visible. The avoidance on both mavic and phantom are great. Pro has avoidance on the sides but I don’t think you will really need them. Both have front and bottom.
Hope this helped

-derek

I have both, the camera on the P4P is better by a long shot, 1" sensor, and adjustable aperture, full 4096X2160 4K @60fps and IMO produces far better images and video, as well as about 5 min extra flight time per battery. However, the Mavic is a lot more fun to fly IMO, and is far quieter and more portable. If I had to pick between the two, I would choose the new V2 P4P, but having said that, I would absolutely buy the MPP again in a heart beat. The P4P is unquestionably better in wind, and sensor avoidance. However, when it comes to sensor avoidance in real world scenerios, the sensors are great at avoidance when moving slowly towards large solid objects, but not so great moving fast towards tree branches, which is a more likely scenerio. IMO, people tend to get a false sense of security by the sensors, and that can lead to disaster. I fly with the assumption that the sensors aren't going to save me from a collision.

Is the camera really that much better in the Phantom pro vs the mavic platinum? Why I ask is the mavic platinum is $1099 and the Phantom 4 pro is $1199.

If you are a pixel peeper, go for the phantom otherwise mavic is the choice

For the criteria you mentions, the P4. However, these are two different machines.

People have different opinions. If you want something portable I would definitively go for the mavic. Phantom is large and if you have the space for it, go for it. Mavic uses occusync which is better than light bridge. Also flies farther. Phantom is better in wind. Mavic camera is smaller and less powerful but the difference is barely visible. The avoidance on both mavic and phantom are great. Pro has avoidance on the sides but I don’t think you will really need them. Both have front and bottom.
Hope this helped

-derek

Wait, Pro has avoidance on the sides?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98