DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic Pro owner as of today

Hello all. I just bought a brand spanking new Mavic Pro today. Came from a spark. I haven’t had a chance to set her up yet as I’m running errands with the wife, but I’m super excited. Hope she’s as good as I’ve been reading.
Excellent! Welcome to the real! You will appreciate the amazing range difference between your Spark to the MP. Happy Flying! Thumbswayup

Thanks for the warm welcome. They guys over at the spark pilots are also pretty nice. I haven't flown yet, I got home with the wife and started the updating and IMU and compass updating, Plus I made sure all the batteries where updated. It took a little while but she's ready to fly. I will be flying tomorrow and try my hand at the 4k video. Thumbswayup

Reactions: Drone Master
Congratulations. You'll notice the difference between the 2 axis and 3 axis gimbals.

Took her out for a test flight today at the local high school. Here are a couple pictures. I did take some video that I will post. I got s brief wheel error message,not sure what that was about. Also I noticed that in part of the video there was this waviness for a short time. The more I flew it it seems to go away. But I did notice it a few more times then gone. I sure hope it’s not a gimbal issue. I did get dji refresh A465A2C4-F4DB-478C-85EA-50D14F0186D5.jpegA7CBF59B-C860-4972-9335-F3A4C325C24C.jpegDFF71278-5F8A-4662-AD05-DDFDBC2C7B3D.jpeg

Make sure you do both the aircraft and IMU calibrations and do it away from any metal or concrete.

And it looks like you did, but don't forget to focus the Mavic Pro before you take any photos or video.

Yes I did the imu cal , compass cal , and gimbal cal. All said it was fine. I know about the tap to focus I’ve done a ton of reading and videos. So much that my wife says I spend more time on the Mavic lol. I will post a video so you can see what I’m talking about. It’s brief at the beginning and at the end. And don’t mind the video being boring. I was doing a test to see how it acts.

I see what you mean....Nasty gimbal vibration in some of the video. Not normal and worth looking into. Since it is new, check you gimbal mount is not distorted or not sitting freely. It should bounce around when you hold the Mavic but the base plate shouldn't touch the edges of the hole it sits in. May have been damaged in shipping.
Try turning off AFC mode in the Camera Settings and see if it makes things better. This will stop the Auto focus turning on and off randomly. (don't think that will fix it though..)
Nice footage otherwise , well done.

Thanks I checked the gimbal and mount it looks good to me. Nothing touching the edges and it does bounce a little. I’m new to the Mavic have the spark also, but what is afc mode? Can’t find in camera setting. I flew the other day in 4K and it did the same thing. I can post that it’s very similar and last a few seconds.

If you look at this picture of the gimbal st the top I noticed a yellow tab attached. Almost looks like it is meant to be peeled of, is it? You don’t think that would be causing it so you ?3F7A8DE2-B153-4EE2-9EE5-70312FE6C344.jpeg

It does look a little like a removable tab, though if it is a tab it should say other things on the rest of the tab. I would take a look and see if there is anything on what looks like that tab to see if there is anything else written on there. I would have thought it would tell you in the instructions.

It’s doesnt say much about it. I was doing a search and it is questionable some leave it some remove it. I will leave it as it’s really hard to remove. I don’t want to damage anything pulling on it. All I know that problem in the video is really annoying and concerning being I have 3 flights on it now.

I have to say that I had an old Mavic Pro and flew it for about a year and a half, I never once had a problem with shaky video. I sold it a few weeks back and now have the new Mavic 2 Pro. If you just bought this, I would return it to where you bought it from ASAP and ask for a replacement or just return it and buy another from somewhere else, to be safe.

It should not be doing what you say it is doing and that might be a problem with that aircraft, so better to get one that works from the start with no strange things going on and the sooner you do it, the better and easier the return will be, I would imagine. Can you see the camera jumping around from time to time, when you have it on the ground?

Last edited:
Thanks I checked the gimbal and mount it looks good to me. Nothing touching the edges and it does bounce a little. I’m new to the Mavic have the spark also, but what is afc mode? Can’t find in camera setting. I flew the other day in 4K and it did the same thing. I can post that it’s very similar and last a few seconds.

AFC mode is Automatic Focus Continuous, this is where the camera checks to see that you have focus on your subject, as that subject can change while flying and getting closer to objects or further away it does a quick auto focus and this can lead to unwanted focusing movement on your footage. I turned it off as it would randomly focus when I didn't need it to.
You will find the AFC mode setting on the DJIgo4 app under setting for the Video Camera, Settings, ENABLE AFC MODE, turn it to OFF.
I would suggest you Google DJIGo4 manual and read the information in there, as you can learn quite a lot about the features and adjustments of your new Mavic.

As for the yellow tab, sticker, remove it the tab could be touching the gimbal while your camera is moving around and could cause unwanted shake.
As the above poster said, you have a brand new drone with a problem, send it back now and you should have no issues getting a new one. If you keep flying it you could end up as an unhappy owner.
Enjoy.

Last edited:
So I called Best Buy they said bring it in and they will exchange it,it’s within the 15 day window. Problem is I bought the refresh on this and how would that work with a new bird and serial number

I have to say that I had an old Mavic Pro and flew it for about a year and a half, I never once had a problem with shaky video. I sold it a few weeks back and now have the new Mavic 2 Pro. If you just bought this, I would return it to where you bought it from ASAP and ask for a replacement or just return it and buy another from somewhere else, to be safe.

It should not be doing what you say it is doing and that might be a problem with that aircraft, so better to get one that works from the start with no strange things going on and the sooner you do it, the better and easier the return will be, I would imagine. Can you see the camera jumping around from time to time, when you have it on the ground?

I don’t see the camera jumping around at all

I also noticed that I can have it on the table recording smooth as glass. And when I fly it does it sometimes. I’m going to try the afc and removing that sticker thing

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RYNOGOD