DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic Pro Owner Needs some simple questions answered ….

Nukalhed22

Reactions
Hey Folks…. New pilot here I inherited a Mavic Pro with a minor issues… let me get you’s up to date on where I’m at. A point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. I replace my GPS module because I was getting GPS disconnected. Ripped a couple wires out after I replaced it. I don’t get disconnected anymore. Obviously I get GPS Data Error. I’m waiting for my right front ribbon cable to be shipped that is out. Also I’m waiting for my gimbal control board to be shipped. I’m replacing that as well. I was able to fly for a brief period of time until my GPS needed to be replaced and have not been able to take flight since. It will not get out of Addie mode. It will not get out of GPS data error and I need to know how to clear them.

I think a GPS error can be cleared only by the aircraft and only if there is a functioning GPS module. Also a flystate of “GPS_Atti” can only be achieved with a GPS connection. So fix your module and you’ll be fine.

I think a GPS error can be cleared only by the aircraft and only if there is a functioning GPS module. Also a flystate of “GPS_Atti” can only be achieved with a GPS connection. So fix your module and you’ll be fine.
That’s the thing I just got a brand new module in the mail and I set it up well install it and I’m still getting data error I mean it literally says GPS data error and I can’t find nothing online, but it explains how to fix it and what might be causing itwould have anything to do with flight logs or anything with my account and it doesn’t see my data. It can’t connect to satellites I’m dying in my head off of wall here.

What if I were to do this login with my first account I made reset to factory settings login with the second account I made on the same drone reset that to factory settings as well and create a brand new third account and start fresh is that an option?

I replace my GPS module because I was getting GPS disconnected. Ripped a couple wires out after I replaced it.
By chance which wires did you "Rip out" and how? Do you mean the wires to the GPS module?
Did you tear them off at the main board connector when you pulled the top off?
Also how do you know that the GPS board needed replacement and that it is not a connection in the main board { just by the on screen error?}
Was this a crashed drone if so you are wise to replace the gimble board those are usually toast after a crash.
If you are waiting on other parts don't fly it Remember those front sensors are connected to that gimble board you are replacing.

Hey Folks…. New pilot here I inherited a Mavic Pro with a minor issues… let me get you’s up to date on where I’m at. A point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. I replace my GPS module because I was getting GPS disconnected. Ripped a couple wires out after I replaced it. I don’t get disconnected anymore. Obviously I get GPS Data Error. I’m waiting for my right front ribbon cable to be shipped that is out. Also I’m waiting for my gimbal control board to be shipped. I’m replacing that as well. I was able to fly for a brief period of time until my GPS needed to be replaced and have not been able to take flight since. It will not get out of Addie mode. It will not get out of GPS data error and I need to know how to clear them.
Comment from DJI:
Hi, we're sorry for the troubles that it caused. I would like to ask what happened to your drone prior to experience this error message? Did you manage to update the firmware? Have you tried to restart the aircraft and check if it could take off the aircraft normally? If GPS errors frequently occur, GPS satellites may not be detected. This quandary may be caused by communication link errors. We would recommend syncing the flight records using the DJI Go 4 app and contact our support using the link below. Thank you for understanding.

Comment from DJI:
Hi, we're sorry for the troubles that it caused. I would like to ask what happened to your drone prior to experience this error message? Did you manage to update the firmware? Have you tried to restart the aircraft and check if it could take off the aircraft normally? If GPS errors frequently occur, GPS satellites may not be detected. This quandary may be caused by communication link errors. We would recommend syncing the flight records using the DJI Go 4 app and contact our support using the link below. Thank you for understanding.

I initially received the drone with a few problems…I needed a new gimbal flex cable ( which I just replaced the gimbal with cable installed) front vision sensors, and Gimbal Camera Forward Sensor Control Board (which I just recently ordered and should have it today). I have yet to have both left and right sensor available for me to configure on assist 2 ( hoping with this new board I will) however…I was able to fly the drone. Then I started to get GPS disconnected error…which I replaced the gps module. Now ….i get “GPS Data Error” when I try to do anything. It will not takeoff. Satellite positioning is turned off. I have rebooted, downgrade firmware, etc…

One question is …if I am logged in with account “A” and RC is logged in with Account “B” will I get GPS Data Error ?

By chance which wires did you "Rip out" and how? Do you mean the wires to the GPS module?
Did you tear them off at the main board connector when you pulled the top off?
Also how do you know that the GPS board needed replacement and that it is not a connection in the main board { just by the on screen error?}
Was this a crashed drone if so you are wise to replace the gimble board those are usually toast after a crash.
If you are waiting on other parts don't fly it Remember those front sensors are connected to that gimble board you are replacing.
The ripped wires. Were from the the module side. Prior to me replacing I got GPS Disconnected..now I get GPS data error. And Satellite Positioning Turned Off Fly with caution…and I can’t even fly at this point because I get GPS Data error again …and this is now my 3rd GPS Mod

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne