DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New mavic pro owner

Cyborg is correct. I have a friend that bought a mini and as soon as he charged the battery, it was late, so he decided to fly indoors..for the very first and last time. The Mavic Pro handles like your P3, but does not have the height for ground clearance. Suggest flat surface for take off and landings. Hand catching will come much later....if brave enough. Happy flying and you will love it!!

Cyborg is correct. I have a friend that bought a mini and as soon as he charged the battery, it was late, so he decided to fly indoors..for the very first and last time. The Mavic Pro handles like your P3, but does not have the height for ground clearance. Suggest flat surface for take off and landings. Hand catching will come much later....if brave enough. Happy flying and you will love it!!

Cool. Thanks guys. Of course I'll give the drone a once over and I figured I would take it up slowly at first. I already bought landing gear extenders for a little more ground clearance. Weighed them on my kitchen food scale and they only add 15 grams. Should I make sure I have the latest firmware?

Missed the fedex guy today so I have to wait until tomorrow!!! Hopefully I get home from work in time. Throat feels kinda scratchy. Maybe I should stay home...cough...cough...lol

Welcome.
As mentioned just look it over well.
Fly in open spaces and stay away from trees, keep it close for the first few flights as you get used to it.
My first flight was within about 100 feet of me at the most.

Last edited:
All good comments.

I have an MPP. My suggestions are go through all calibrations just to be sure. Can’t hurt and it’s easy to do.

Also be careful of the leg extensions. I had some that simply attach to the end of the front legs, press fit and no bracing to the arms. It’s been my experience that harmonic vibrations caused the base of the leg to eventually crack. Been through a couple of sets of legs. This does not happen to everyone. I no longer use extensions.

Finally, the Mavic Pro offers opportunities not available with some of the latest Mavic line. Its flight characteristics are highly modifiable. I’ll never get rid of mine, no matter what cool new version comes out.

Welcome to our Forum, from the friendly skies of Texas!

I used to fly the Mavic 1. Gave it to my son, who loves it. The video quality is indistinguishable from the M2P, which is what I fly now. Both are so easy to fly that it may lead to overconfidence.

I recommend that you read the manual thoroughly, and start in open spaces and with simple maneuvers. Practice spot landings until your stick movements become second nature. l suggest that you practice lost drone recovery. Believe me, you will crash your Mavic, and you will lose your Mavic. Don't wait until that happens to learn how to recover your lost drone.

Whenever you need help, there are over 100,000 of us here to provide guidance as you grow as a pilot and photographer. Just ask!

Glad you've joined us!

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
I would first fly it as received. No updating (yet), just check out all the functions first.
That way you can verify that the AC is happy happy happy, and as sold by the "previous user"...
Doing an update before AC checkout, may cause issues that you can't toss back to the seller....

Reactions: Hauptmann
I would startit up on the ground and let it idle for 60-120 seconds, then shut it down and feel each motor of temp. They should all be the same, if you get as hot one, you got a problem. Also, what everyone else said...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne