DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic Pro pilot....

Wiffin1

Reactions
Hi I’ve had my Mavic Pro about a week now and I’m flying it using a iPad Air 2, I was shooting video in 4K on the standard settings, but neither my photos or videos look clear at all.. I’m a complete novice with this stuff and am only just starting out. Some of the pictures and videos I see online look amazing from mavics but mine look horrible and dull... I’m doing something wrong clearly but I just don’t know what. I will attach a couple of photos so you can see what I mean

Any information or tips would be really helpful

Thanks all :)

Attachments

• F5DAFE33-366B-401F-A586-CE7B9E558B11.jpeg
    F5DAFE33-366B-401F-A586-CE7B9E558B11.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 90
  • A9A8C5BD-95BF-48AE-A5B2-992E30D5613F.jpeg
    A9A8C5BD-95BF-48AE-A5B2-992E30D5613F.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 90
Those photos look pretty sharp to me. It is a cloudy day so would not expect the photo to be very contrasty. Some of the pics you see on this forum have probably been spiced up with photoshop.

hi, yes I viewed the photos once I’d uploaded them on here and they look much better is that because I’ve downloaded them from the Mavic now? As when I look in the dji go 4 app all my photos and videos look awful quality but them 2 photos I just put on here I actually downloaded from the Mavic and they look much clearer than on the app! Also it won’t let me download the videos for some reason? Will the videos become clearer once downloaded off the Mavic rather than just viewing in the app? Sorry if none of that makes much sense haha

hi, yes I viewed the photos once I’d uploaded them on here and they look much better is that because I’ve downloaded them from the Mavic now? As when I look in the dji go 4 app all my photos and videos look awful quality but them 2 photos I just put on here I actually downloaded from the Mavic and they look much clearer than on the app! Also it won’t let me download the videos for some reason? Will the videos become clearer once downloaded off the Mavic rather t try again on brighter dayhan just viewing in the app? Sorry if none of that makes much sense haha
Images look fine, as other poster stated, don't rush to change settings.

The photos and files that will be on your app will be low res.

Are you using an ND filter? That might help. This guy has some good tips on camera settings:

Have you registered your drone (if in USA)? If not, that is your problem, the FAA will not allow full resolution until you register ;-)

Have you registered your drone (if in USA)? If not, that is your problem, the FAA will not allow full resolution until you register ;-)
Where did you get this information and how in the world could the government control the camera settings when it takes a physical action to change a setting??? I am looking forward to your answer.

Reactions: JDawg
I shot some videos in 4K viewed them on the app and the quality looks bad so tried to download them from the Mavic and it came up with “only jpeg images and h.264 videos are downloadable” how do I get around this? I’m using a iPad Air 2,

Thanks for all the help so far images are looking much better just can’t check videos yet as unable to download them!

If you click or tap the area you want to focus on before you snap the picture the Mavic will adjust the focus.

I shot some videos in 4K viewed them on the app and the quality looks bad so tried to download them from the Mavic and it came up with “only jpeg images and h.264 videos are downloadable” how do I get around this? I’m using a iPad Air 2,

Thanks for all the help so far images are looking much better just can’t check videos yet as unable to download them!
Put the microSD card into your computer and copy them over using Windows File Explorer. Or connect the drone to the computer using the USB cable that should have come with the drone. The drone should connect up as an external hard drive.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman