Welcome Mavic Pilot!
Jump in and join our free DJI Mavic community today!

New Mavic unsure about wifi.

heydave23

Reaction score
I have flown for a few days using the connected method. It seems the range on the Mavic Air is quite a bit less than my P3.
I tried using the wifi feature and I first noticed the max distance and ceiling were very limited. Also I couldn't get the controller to work with it. I'm guessing you only use your phone/tablet. I couldn't figure out how to navigate without the controller. What is the point of a cordless connection? What am I missing?

Exphantomflyer

Reaction score
Loc
Manchester UK
I have flown for a few days using the connected method. It seems the range on the Mavic Air is quite a bit less than my P3.
I tried using the wifi feature and I first noticed the max distance and ceiling were very limited. Also I couldn't get the controller to work with it. I'm guessing you only use your phone/tablet. I couldn't figure out how to navigate without the controller. What is the point of a cordless connection? What am I missing?

You look cool walking down the beach with a quad following you, it’s a case of hey guys selfie time, without the hassle of a remote, oh max distance is less as it’s wifi and not a remote with a transmitter, yes it’s one or the other

Reactions: heydave23

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J Hughes