DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Member to the Zoom club

Thanks for the inputs. and you are right on the filters. Ebay ad said Mavic zoom and I see now it also says Pro so it is incorrect

Reactions: old man mavic
One other question I have is I want to download the video and photos directly to my computer. Do I take the memory card out to do this or is there another way?
I leave my memory card in the drone, to download I connect my Type C USB from the computer to the drone and download that way. It protects everything and downloads photos and videos fairly quickly.

I leave my memory card in the drone, to download I connect my Type C USB from the computer to the drone and download that way. It protects everything and downloads photos and videos fairly quickly.

That's a good idea, especially if on a road trip with dusty conditions etc.
As I don't have suitable larger device with me when touring, I typically download a video by wifi (and sometimes photos, though the raw don't by this method) straight after a flight, usually landing with plenty of battery to do so.
I'm shooting 1080 though, and the files for say 10 - 15 mins are acceptable to do as I drive on.

I still remove the card anyway and change for each flight because eventually I’ll lose the drone, but when I do, at least I’ll have all but the last flight’s images & vids. Just my preference, especially with 32-64GB cards being so cheap now.

Reactions: old man mavic
I tend to plug the drone into my PC when I get home, and also have backups of all my footage. I have a 128Gb card, and rarely need anywhere near that much in a session. I even forget to delete stuff sometimes. I guess you can use wifi to download to your tablet or phone whilst on the road as a backup copy.

If taking backups on the road is the concern, I'm sure there is more than one way to do it. If it's running out of space on the sd card that is concerning, then you may well find that doesn't happen - especially if you have the big capacity card. Get one of the ones recommended by DJI though - no point skimping in this.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots