DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Reactions
Fellow Mavic Pilots, I am new to this forum and appreciate it being available to access info. I have the Mavic 2 which I have had for about a year ,but just broke it out of it's box and am looking for some advice to get started. I connected my Galaxy 8 phone up to the controller, but was unable to get connected to the drone. However when a friend connected his iphone up, no connectivity issues. Rather than buying a new phone, was considering the smart controller. I know it's expensive but it does seem to have some good benefits i.e., screen view ability and ease of use. Any advice to either of these issues would be appreciated. I am located in the Seneca/Clemson area. Thank you in advance for any comments good or bad.

welcome to the forum,i hope the batteries are all ok after a year of storage make sure they all charge up ok ,as far as a screen device is concerned ,if cost is no issue then some swear by the SC or a good recent gen ipad

Welcome to our Forum, from Hauptmann in Texas USA!

You'll find that flying your Mavic Pro or any DJI quad is so easy. They practically fly themselves. This can lead to overconfidence.

Read the manual, and be conservative at first. Practice using “Find My Drone”. Chances are you will crash and perhaps lose your bird. Don't wait until that happens to learn how to recover a lost drone.

Lots of good stuff to shoot throughout the Carolinas. Whenever you need help, there are over 100,000 of us from around the world to assist you as you gain experience and grow as a pilot and photographer.

I use an iPad Mini 4. Everyone I know who uses the Smart Controller loves it. That said, I have a friend who successfully uses the Galaxy 8, which has a much larger screen, is much brighter than my iPad, and almost as bright as the Smart Controller. We have several members in the Carolinas, who may be able to help you get your Galaxy to work.

Glad to have you as a member!

Welcome to our Forum, from Hauptmann in Texas USA!

You'll find that flying your Mavic Pro or any DJI quad is so easy. They practically fly themselves. This can lead to overconfidence.

Read the manual, and be conservative at first. Practice using “Find My Drone”. Chances are you will crash and perhaps lose your bird. Don't wait until that happens to learn how to recover a lost drone.

Lots of good stuff to shoot throughout the Carolinas. Whenever you need help, there are over 100,000 of us from around the world to assist you as you gain experience and grow as a pilot and photographer.

I use an iPad Mini 4. Everyone I know who uses the Smart Controller loves it. That said, I have a friend who successfully uses the Galaxy 8, which has a much larger screen, is much brighter than my iPad, and almost as bright as the Smart Controller. We have several members in the Carolinas, who may be able to help you get your Galaxy to work.

Glad to have you as a member!
Thank you Hauptmann for the advice. Yes, definitely if there is anyone in the upstate (Oconee County) that has Galaxy 8 and drone expertise, love to speak with them.

I am originally from CT, my family are all still living there. Parents live in Uncasville, brother in East Lyme and uncle in Pawcatuck.

Reactions: old man mavic
I am originally from CT, my family are all still living there. Parents live in Uncasville, brother in East Lyme and uncle in Pawcatuck.
humm...the mystery deepens. Any one in the family tree from Waterbury? My dad (deceased) had like 5 or so brothers and sisters. Visited them a couple of times in the 60's. Very Italian.

Graham, none from Waterbury. My grandfather and grandmother can over from Italy and lived in the house in Pawcatuck. My other uncle lived in DE when he passed. This line ends with my brother and I, we both have beautiful girls.

You can’t go wrong with the SC .
I got mine from the start and I love it .
Super easy to use , nice screen and fits and feels real good in your hands .
I’m really happy I bought it . I’m sure you won’t regret it .
They even work in Canada !!!.

I might add you have come to the right place to ask ,this forum is one awesome source of knowledge!.

You can’t go wrong with the SC .
I got mine from the start and I love it .
Super easy to use , nice screen and fits and feels real good in your hands .
I’m really happy I bought it . I’m sure you won’t regret it .
They even work in Canada !!!.

I might add you have come to the right place to ask ,this forum is one awesome source of knowledge!.
Thank you Lionfish. Looking forward to getting some good advice.

Fellow Mavic Pilots, I am new to this forum and appreciate it being available to access info. I have the Mavic 2 which I have had for about a year ,but just broke it out of it's box and am looking for some advice to get started. I connected my Galaxy 8 phone up to the controller, but was unable to get connected to the drone. However when a friend connected his iphone up, no connectivity issues. Rather than buying a new phone, was considering the smart controller. I know it's expensive but it does seem to have some good benefits i.e., screen view ability and ease of use. Any advice to either of these issues would be appreciated. I am located in the Seneca/Clemson area. Thank you in advance for any comments good or bad.
Welcome. There is lots of information here, just do a search as it may have already been asked.
I use my iphone XR and don't have any issues but i guess its personal preference.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22