DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 New Mexico Hwy 550 roadside DJI FPV Drone

Nice video

New Mexico has some nice places to see. Unfortunately they are a bit behind on dealing with roadways that are in drastic need of betterment. The 491 north from Gallup to Shiprock can be mind altering if pulling a fifth wheel or any kind of trailer at the wrong speed. I’ve seen several trailers loaded with various cargo on the side of the road trying to figure out how to reload what has bounced half way off their trailer.
Thanks for the smooth flying, much more fun than from a drivers seat!

Nice video
Thanks
What drone and camera was this filmed with?
DJI FPV Drone with DJI Action 2 Camera set on 4K/60. Its a nice setup and pretty good camera
New Mexico has some nice places to see. Unfortunately they are a bit behind on dealing with roadways that are in drastic need of betterment. The 491 north from Gallup to Shiprock can be mind altering if pulling a fifth wheel or any kind of trailer at the wrong speed. I’ve seen several trailers loaded with various cargo on the side of the road trying to figure out how to reload what has bounced half way off their trailer.
Thanks for the smooth flying, much more fun than from a drivers seat!
Yeah, I really like New Mexico, especially the area around Shiprock and then crossing over to NE Arizona, incredible landscapes with only a few Native American villages here and there and massive red sandstone bluffs everywhere. Glad you liked the video

That is a very interesting setup. Can you post a photo of your setup? I am very curious.
Thanks

That is a very interesting setup. Can you post a photo of your setup? I am very curious.
Thanks
Sure, here is the piggyback setup. Most FPV fliers use a similar set up but usually use a GoPro camera. The GoPro is a bit heavier and also has a larger profile that is not as aerodynamic. The DJI Action 2 weighs 56 grams and magnetically snaps onto the piggyback mount with clips that lock it firmly. I can get 3 flights before I need to place it back onto the power module to reharge it and the power module is good for about 3 field charges before it needs to be recharged, so 9 flights in the field (my flights are only 5-6 minutes each averaging 3-4 miles/flight). The piggyback camera is adjusted and fixed tilted back (mine is around 25 degrees) so that the horizon is near the upper 1/3 of the field of view when flying 60 mph in level flight. The camera is stabilized of course with tons of setting options. The feedback coming back to the goggles is from the onboard drone camera so it differs a bit from the piggyback camera but is fairly close. Many pilots will process the video through Gyroflo afterward to further stabilize the video but I have never tried that so I try to focus on flying smoothly instead.

Attachments

• tempImagei9UR9A.png
    tempImagei9UR9A.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 1
  • tempImagebGWGSZ.png
    tempImagebGWGSZ.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 1
  • tempImagecmStCt.png
    tempImagecmStCt.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 1
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals