DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mini pilot looking for lights.

looking to buy some kind of forward facing lighting
Are you looking for lights to help you spot things or lights to help you spot your drone?

firehouse:
2 white
1 one green
1 one red

I just purchased the Firehouse Techologies white strobe with the case for attachment to the MM am I am super well pleased with it. Easy to attach and to remove. Very bright and good battery life. The case protects the circuit board and acts as a landing platform.

Welcome to the forum from the woods of Maine!

Welcome to the forum!
I just received some lights for my mini yesterday.

Screenshot_2020-05-26 STARTRC Rechargeable Colorful Flash LED Kit Signal Night Light for DJI M...png

But I am thinking of using thin magnetic foil to attach it instead of the 3M stickers provided. That would be much easier to remove them when I want to.
But before doing that, I am wondering if the magnetic field could interfere with the antenna nearby. Someone here knows more about it?

My son bought me a Roboterwerk light that affixes with 2 suction cups to the top of the Mini. It has a variable brightness feature and is USB rechargeable. I like the easy on, easy off.

My son bought me a Roboterwerk light that affixes with 2 suction cups to the top of the Mini. It has a variable brightness feature and is USB rechargeable. I like the easy on, easy off.

Seems nice! And the suction cup might also be a way of handling it. It is the easy on, easy off I also want to achieve. But I am thinking of using thin magnetic foil IF that does not interfere with the antennas of course.

Seems nice! And the suction cup might also be a way of handling it. It is the easy on, easy off I also want to achieve. But I am thinking of using thin magnetic foil IF that does not interfere with the antennas of course.
Magnetic foil on the top is more likely going to interfere with the GPS receiver which is up there. By stopping the GPS from receiving some signals it might put the mini into ATTI mode.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure