DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New phone, tablet or stand pat- Help me decide

vindibona1

Reactions
Democratic Peoples Republic of Crook County
I've been contemplating a tablet such as an iPad Mini or some sort of fully compatible Android for flying for the larger screen real estate. I've just heard tales of some Android compatibility issues with some DJI products and probably would lean toward Apple,

Alternatively, I could just hold out for a year, buy an iPhone 12 Pro Max and dedicate my 6sPlus to flying... But I really want more screen real estate. That would mean buying anothe device and I don't really want to spend a ton as I know in the next 10-12 months I'll be buying a phone.

If I went with a mini table, what's the best mini tablet I can get for my M2P/Mini 2 that won't be obsolete in a year, have compatibility issues with DJI stuff and will be the least expensive options?

Many have and like the iPad mini 5, including me. It’s the latest version, I think.

Many have and like the iPad mini 5, including me. It’s the latest version, I think.
I was thinking the 4 or the 5. A refurbished 5 (64gb) is available for $339 and the mini 4 is $269. Is there much difference between the two?

Is there a comparable COMPATIBLE android for less money?

I was thinking the 4 or the 5. A refurbished 5 (64gb) is available for $339 and the mini 4 is $269. Is there much difference between the two?

I don’t know about mini 4 nor compatible androids, sorry. (And I paid more than $339 for my mini 5.)

what's the best mini tablet I can get for my M2P/Mini 2 that won't be obsolete in a year, have compatibility issues with DJI stuff and will be the least expensive options?
If you didn't want to go with Apple, the 8 inch Huawei M3, M5 or M6 are all superb flying tablets and at least as good.

The Mini 5 is significantly more powerful than the iPad mini 4.

If the iPad Mini 5 will only be used for flying, is there any advantage to getting the LTE version so that you get the compass?
All iPads have a compass.
You are thinking of the GPS receiver which Apply only include with their cellular capable iPads.

I love my mini 5 for flying with my MA2. Have the wifi only model, so set my phone up as a hotspot so I have internet connection for maps, etc. I think the mini 5 will be Apples top mini for a few years at least. BTW, I also use my mini for video editing using lumafusion.

If this is for a business then invest in the Smart Controller and also buy the Feel World 729S monitor. It is 7 inches and an astounding 2,200nits of brightness. Nothing else comes close and you can buy one for around $235 new. It connects via the HDMI on the SC. I use it to display just what the camera sees and the flying stuff stays on the SC.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deltabird