DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New phone updating firmware help

• Thread starter Deleted member 43289
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 43289

So I bought an android based phone and downloaded dji go and everything linked up fine. When connected to RC with phone, flight is fine. When I link to the AC via Wi-Fi the app tells me I have to update and when I do it gets held up during the process although I'm already updated with latest firmware otherwise. Did I screw something up when I was trying to rollback via dumldore and do you have any suggestions on how I can fix this and get all up to date and proper? I've reinstalled the app and shut the aircraft off and on over and over. Update keeps failing even though I'm updated when on RC mode. Thanks in advance.

I haven't even tried to connect via Wi-Fi because the RC works so well, but I am guessing someone will be able to help you if you give the Go 4 software version and Mavic/RC firmware version.

I haven't even tried to connect via Wi-Fi because the RC works so well, but I am guessing someone will be able to help you if you give the Go 4 software version and Mavic/RC firmware version.
I won't use the Wi-Fi but I want to make sure it's ability to operate is optimal. It worked on the iPhone and before I started to mess with trying rolling back firmware. Hmmm...

So the update worked on the PC and when I connect the RC to the MP and phone everything works fine and test flight was flawless. When I switch the MP to Wi-Fi mode and disconnect the RC from phone the app tells me I need to update firmware. I'm very confused. HELP!
e728c91fddbbb439379453b474514320.jpg
f9f017ee323b24594806f3f4e3037cea.jpg

I won't use the Wi-Fi but I want to make sure it's ability to operate is optimal. It worked on the iPhone and before I started to mess with trying rolling back firmware. Hmmm...
Have you tried flashing back to the firmware that worked well with the wifi?

I dont know that I can help. I gave up on android devices a few years ago. I'll leave those to the tech nuts that like to tinker. I use either an Iphone 6 or an Ipad air with my Mavic. I run all the newest firmware. Never had a problem. I figure if it isnt broke, dont fix it.

That doesn't answer my question.
Well I had 04.0100 on the iPhone and all was well. Tried downgrading by using dumldore once they figured out how to rollback but it wasn't working. So I could never downgrade. Now I have android and there's 04.0200 out. Everything works I can even fly from my phone in Wi-Fi mode but it says update required and the screen flickers green and acts wacky before the camera works and I can use the screen. Hard to explain. Is there anyway to completely reset the AC and RC and start fresh?

Well I had 04.0100 on the iPhone and all was well. Tried downgrading by using dumldore once they figured out how to rollback but it wasn't working. So I could never downgrade. Now I have android and there's 04.0200 out. Everything works I can even fly from my phone in Wi-Fi mode but it says update required and the screen flickers green and acts wacky before the camera works and I can use the screen. Hard to explain. Is there anyway to completely reset the AC and RC and start fresh?

A reflash will certainly wipe any traces or the previous flash. I use my iPad with remote to fly, so I don't use my Android phone anymore. That being said the phone app is current with 4.1.22, tho my bird is at .700, and my flashing capabilities have failed again as before. Guess I got lucky last weekend when it suddenly worked twice and then no more.

If I can flash to your firmware, I'll report back.

you could try reporting the software bug on the store app, DJI will look into it.

A reflash will certainly wipe any traces or the previous flash. I use my iPad with remote to fly, so I don't use my Android phone anymore. That being said the phone app is current with 4.1.22, tho my bird is at .700, and my flashing capabilities have failed again as before. Guess I got lucky last weekend when it suddenly worked twice and then no more.

If I can flash to your firmware, I'll report back.

you could try reporting the software bug on the store app, DJI will look into it.
Ok thanks a lot. I've flashed it a few times and it's current but when I disconnect RC and go Wi-Fi to AC it says need upgrade. I'll see if I can reach dji.

Seriously are you ever going to fly and Wifi mode and it could just be an app glitch have you ever thought of that? Your mavic could be totally fine as long as assistant says u are on .200 u are good could be the app!!!

I figure if it isnt broke, dont fix it.
I thought that was the motto of people who don't run the newest firmware. ;)

Well it is sort of, but some of them get a good portion of the enjoyment of owning a Mavic by modding, rooting, dumbldoreing, hacking and studying how to beat the system. Where I would just rather fly.
My system of doing updates as they come out has not failed me, so I am not changing it.

But I suppose the same applies to ALL of our systems.

...I would just rather fly.
I'm with you there. On the other hand, it does seem that updates to the devices I own very often don't add anything I want, but screw up several things that worked fine before. High Sierra on my MacBook, for example. So I think people who just want the bleeping thing to work also have good reason to be skeptical and cautious.
My first MPP was a Christmas present, ordered from Amazon. I didn't update the firmware on it to the latest because of what I'd read on the forums about problems and not being able to downgrade. That Mavic had really bad Jello in the video that I couldn't get rid of, so I sent it back. When I got the replacement yesterday I decided just to update everything to the latest versions and hope for the best. So far it seems OK but I won't get to fly it until at least tomorrow.
As for opinions posted on forums, I suppose it's sort of like what a local businessman told me a long time ago: If you buy something from me and you're satisfied with it, I won't hear from you. But if you're unhappy, you'll become the biggest blabbermouth in town.

Anyone running the app on an android? If so have you experienced this nonsense?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos