DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Pilot from London Uk

Well done. Nice and easy for the first ten flights, and always keep line of sight. I'll bet you are chuffed. All credit to you. You are flying as it should be done - unlike others who will undoubtedly run into trouble sometime.

I have attached a precis of the rules and regs to adhere to if you dont know them already.

Happy flying R32
Thanks again Mike.

Yes I’ve seen the Drone code before but good to remind myself of it.

I hope you’re right about me doing this properly as I really don’t want to crash/lose/damage someone/something !!

I was flying in my local Park. I walk there everyday with the dog and regularly see drones. A Park is a contentious place to fly but having googled/used the no fly zone map it seems ok. The Lake District policy good unlike most London parks as far as I know.

Had another little flight before sunset.

It had issues connecting to gps and wouldn’t let me take off in beginner mode. After an up and down flight in normal mode it instantly logged on to the satellites so then did more practice in beginner mode.

Also noticed the gimbal was slightly tilted but probably because the take off wasn’t level.

Flew it up to 30M and it seemed high lol! Took some pics and vid whilst up there... I’ve definitely room for improvement

Going to try and get a fair bit of much needed practice done before my trip!

Cheers :)

H'mm. Click on the magnifying glass top right and type in 'Mavic tilted gimbal' and press your ENTER button. You might find your answer there. Query the 'Mavic beginner mode@ the same way.

If you cant find the answer then do the same in U-Tube.

Was the gimbal clear of grass or other 'stuff' when firing the a/c up? Thats imporant.

I hope you have the BMFA insurance now. Its £25,000,000 insured if I remember correctly. :)Thumbswayup

Have a good trip to the Lake District.

Look forward to some vid and pics.

TTFN

Reactions: R32 GTR
H'mm. Click on the magnifying glass top right and type in 'Mavic tilted gimbal' and press your ENTER button. You might find your answer there. Query the 'Mavic beginner mode@ the same way.

If you cant find the answer then do the same in U-Tube.

Was the gimbal clear of grass or other 'stuff' when firing the a/c up? Thats imporant.

I hope you have the BMFA insurance now. Its £25,000,000 insured if I remember correctly. :)Thumbswayup

Have a good trip to the Lake District.

Look forward to some vid and pics.

TTFN
Thanks Mike, very kind.

It could’ve been grass actually so glad you mentioned that.

Yes I’ve seen the threads on titl, lol probably why I noticed it!

Unfortunately didn’t get time to go out today. Next opportunity is Sunday, looking forward to it :)

I’ve now done about 2.5 hours flight and covered about 8.5 KM with my best being 20 mins and 2km in one go. It wasn’t flying miles away, just back and fourth.
Tested at the coast and the horizon wasn’t tilted.
Been using it out of beginner mode and touch wood all good so far.
Taken it up to max altitude twice and the views are amazing. The camera has been doing a great job too, definitely good enough for me.
Feel like I have very basic control, just worried about what I’d do if/when it goes wrong!

It’s had issues with weak GPS where I’ve been practicing but still hovers perfectly still even in mild wind.
Beautiful weather currently but a bit cold for standing around with exposed fingers!

UPDATE:

All issues were down to my error in not connecting my IPhone 8 Plus properly with the supplied cable.

No problem since making sure the cable is properly connected to the phone, suspect an awful lot of the problems reported here are caused by this.

My confidence in using it has improved hugely since. Unfortunately it was only half way through my lacke district holiday that I discovered this but i still got some beautiful footage and really enjoyed having it.

Still have the urge to go for a flight and have even flown in darkness.

Extremely impressed with this thing!!!!! :) :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54