DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New pilot from Omaha, NE!!!

Isone

Reactions
Hi all! Happy to join the community.

My name is Sam, I'm 26 years old and live in Omaha, NE.

I don't live far from the country so I'm excited to getting out and learning to fly the Mavic Pro over the cornfields, and learning more about opportunities/regulations for flying within city limits before taking to the skies there. I'm sure there is work to be found for even an amateur filmmaker with the tech of the Mavic Pro and I'm excited to discover what's out there myself.

If you have any advice for any of the following, or can share links to useful information, please share!

-- VR/FPV headsets that will be compatible and that are recommended for use with the Mavic Pro
-- Tips for the Part 107 FAA licensing process (for US pilots): costs involved, preparation recommended, privileges granted under said license
-- More generally, tips for how to be a drone pilot in a public space: how to be respectful and guidelines for privacy/conflict resolution that might be needed when confronted by a stranger who sees you flying in his/her area
-- Favorite uses for drones! I'm excited to discover fun ways to apply this awesome machine!!
-- Share why you became a UAV pilot! What brought you to the hobby?

A lengthy intro post, but I'm here for a lot of reasons! Looking forward to discussing with you all.

-Isone

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to the forum, @Isone (Sam). We're happy to have you here. You've got a great area of the country to fly drones! You'll quickly find threads about most of these topics here on the MP forum.

VR/FPV headsets - stayed tuned for the official release of DJI Goggles which we should see very soon.
Part 107 Licensing - heres a good read for you, New FAA Part 107 Drone Regulations - What do they mean? | Advexure
Tips for being a drone pilot - Be smart, be safe, and have fun. It's as easy as that! Respect people's privacy and in return we expect the general public to respect our rights as drone operators
Favorite uses - drones are being applied just about everywhere now!

Once again, welcome to the forum and safe and happy flying!

-The Advexure Team

Hi all! Happy to join the community.

My name is Sam, I'm 26 years old and live in Omaha, NE.

-Isone
Welcome to our newest forum Sam :)

Hello!
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s.

Enjoy Thumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada