DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Pilot from the UK

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum. You will find all sorts of support and helpful advice. We look forward to seeing your part of the world.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

That is an excellent drone just pay attention to the wind speed the mini does not like high winds also be careful whare you take off from that their is no steel in the ground .greetings from ormond beach Florida stay safe and have fun flying

Welcome to our forum, from Texas!

You'll find that the Mini almost flies itself. This can lead to overconfidence. Try to be conservative at first, and expand your horizons gradually. The Mini, at only 249 grams, doesn't handle wind as well as the heavier drones do. On windy days--you get those in the UK--, it's best to fly the Mini so that you have a tail wind on the way back.

Read your manual, and practice using "Find My Drone". Chances are you'll crash and perhaps lose your drone. Don't wait 'til that happens to try to learn under stress in less than ideal conditions. We have several fellow Brits among our membership, and over 120,000 more from around the world who will help you learn your new hobby. Ask for help when you need it. Share your work when you can!

Glad you've joined us!

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic_Mini/20200212/Mavic_Mini_User_Manual_v1.0_EN.pdf

Good Afternoon. I am new to the group as I have just bought my first drone; a DJI Mavic Mini. I'm loving getting used to flying it and would happily take any advice on making the most of it. Thanks.
I am in UK as well west Yorkshire. One bit of advice is to get some insurance. I use
Coverdrone insurance. Haven't had to claim but it seems very good and peace of mind just in case.

Hi & welcome, I'm in UK (Southend) and I've had my min for about 4 months and clocked up 13 hours flight time. Lovely little drone with some limitations. Wind because it's so small & light, personally I look at the UAV forecast for wind at 100ft and if its over 16mph I wont risk it. I know others do. Second is the range of quality you experience with the wifi signal. One day you can fly 700m away without issue and another you can lose signal 250m out. Urban areas are worst of course. That said, I wouldn't be to tempted to fly too far anyway. Instead try and take off as close to your POI as you can and recognise the limitation. I have tons of fun with mi mini :) I also have coverdrone insurance.

Welcome to the forum from Chicago the Windy City.
Your a very Humble person, asking for help and advice. MM is a great drone, but as many will, or have already mentioned, WIND, is its biggest enemy. Always check the wind speed before you fly. I have two MP's and will not fly when winds are over 12MPH. Another thing is understanding RTH feature, very important to understand how the RTH feature works. PRACTICE, Practice, and more practice in clear fields.
And, learn how to use find my drone, using the Find my drone feature, only had to use it once in 4 years of flying. Take it slow and easy. Fly safe.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000