DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New pilot - Hi from San Diego

Nathan, I'm 5 minutes from that lagoon...is that the one by the race track ..... both sides of the 5 ?
Where do you launch from when you fly there.....I'm looking for a "secluded" spot where nobody bugs me!
I launched once from this parking lot, adjacent to the preserve, and I got some very upset people saying it's "not allowed" etc etc.....so, packed up and left....but do you have a better spot to launch from?

I launch from the girlfriends house off Carmel Valley Rd west of the 5. Her house is off via Grimaldi. I'm in the same boat as you. Im in constant search of "safe" spots not to offend people. I've never had a hard time with launching from beaches. I just bring my chair and have fun. You could launch from Torrey Pines state beach. It's mostly tourist and people going for a hike.

I launch from the girlfriends house off Carmel Valley Rd west of the 5. Her house is off via Grimaldi. I'm in the same boat as you. Im in constant search of "safe" spots not to offend people. I've never had a hard time with launching from beaches. I just bring my chair and have fun. You could launch from Torrey Pines state beach. It's mostly tourist and people going for a hike.
.........you're luckier than me my friend!
I was sitting close to the bridge by Torrey Pines Beach (where the water from the lagoon runs under).....and had had 2 people TELL ME, it's a "no drone zone" and they were calling the life gaurds! I said I thought that it's just no fly zone by the reserve under torrey pines cliffs, not by the beach......but apparently the reserve runs all the way down the beach into Del Mar, so 'allegedly' the whole thing is off limits .....but who knows ??
That's why I'm looking for a quiet place were everybody just leaves me alone!
I live in Carmel Valley, so I've taken to driving out to Black mountain....but I'm bored there already......looking for new spots!

.........you're luckier than me my friend!
I was sitting close to the bridge by Torrey Pines Beach (where the water from the lagoon runs under).....and had had 2 people TELL ME, it's a "no drone zone" and they were calling the life gaurds! I said I thought that it's just no fly zone by the reserve under torrey pines cliffs, not by the beach......but apparently the reserve runs all the way down the beach into Del Mar, so 'allegedly' the whole thing is off limits .....but who knows ??
That's why I'm looking for a quiet place were everybody just leaves me alone!
I live in Carmel Valley, so I've taken to driving out to Black mountain....but I'm bored there already......looking for new spots!
That sucks. It's not illegal at all but you will never be able to convince them of that. If you are up for a drive I fly Carlsbad state beach all the time with zero problems. I get "ah cool" comments instead of hate there.

Reactions: sesd97
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15