DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Pilot - SD Card Confusion

Slevin

Reactions
Hello all,

Stumbled across this forum after I got my Mavic 2 Pro w/ Smart Controller. I've done a little searching but haven't really understood it fully, so hoping for some clarification from the pros.
I have reviewed some YT videos and after watching have the M2P storage configured for SD card from within the DJI Go 4 app. I put a 256GB SD in the drone. I also have a 64GB card that is in the SC, from what I'm gathering is for cache etc.
Now where I'm confused is when I eject the SD card from the SC, it says it will reboot and set the default location to Internal Storage. If I want to use the DJI Go 4 create app to edit footage, I'm assuming I'd insert the 256GB SD from the M2P and edit on the SC within Create. Am I thinking of this correctly? What is the purpose of having an SD card in the SC? Is that just for caching while flying?
Alternatively, if I wasn't intending on using the Create via DJI Go 4 on the SC, I would then just take the SD card and put into my computer and use Premiere Pro or other editing software? Any clarification would be appreciated. Thanks.

-Slevin
Mavic 2 Pro w/ DJI Smart Controller

If I want to use the DJI Go 4 create app to edit footage, I'm assuming I'd insert the 256GB SD from the M2P and edit on the SC within Create.

I don't have a Smart Controller, and I assume the controller works like a device (phone) hooked up to a remote.

Most devices have internal and external storage options.

Looks like the SC is the same way.

If you want to edit the content from the 256g on the Mavic, you can select that file while reviewing the cached footage and download that file to the card on the SC for editing on the SC.

No need to remove the cards from ether one, just have everything powered up to do so.

As I said, I don't own one so please check the owners manual, but it makes since to me that may be the way it works. ?

As far as i know there are 3 purposes.

The SD card is where the Screen Record is recorded to.
You can use this SD card to install updates
You can also transfer Photos, Albums and other Text / Data files from the internal storage to the SD card.

The Smart Controller also has internal storage and that also can be transferred to the SD card in the the Smart Controller.as well as video in the cashe which is also stored on the internal HD on the Smart Controller.

You do not need the SD in the Smart Controller to fly but its adds some nice benefits and is easier than hooking up the USBC cable to the Computer.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic 2 in the Rain and Land on the Water.

Can you expand on this. When I take video with the AC it stores the raw video footage on the 256GB SD in the AC and caches the same on the SC 64GB SD card? I'm still scouring the interwebs and YT for some good How To to get use to how to operate this thing.

-Slev

Can you expand on this. When I take video with the AC it stores the raw video footage on the 256GB SD in the AC and caches the same on the SC 64GB SD card? I'm still scouring the interwebs and YT for some good How To to get use to how to operate this thing.

-Slev
No not the same , the Cache is low Resolution , mostly used for when you loose your drone , you can view it to determine where it might have landed, think of it like an emergency back up. That is stored on the internal of the SC not on the Sd Card but you can transfer to the SD card.

Phantromrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

Reactions: MA2 317 and Slevin
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa