DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Pilot

EB - Chester

Reactions
I recently purchased a Mavik Air 2 for personal use/recreational use. I've done some research on registration and training and am still not sure if a) I have to register the drone with the FAA and b) do I have to complete any training. Any guidance to help me make sure I am clear on the regulations is appreciated.

Reactions: NDWildBill
Hello from the Crossroads of America EB - Chester.

A) Yes. You should register with the FAA.

B) Just the basic rules for the hobbyist are all that is required for now.

If you want to make some money or have / fly for a business that may benefit form aerial photography, then a study course for a Part 107 Certificate is suggested to pass the test and be certified.

Some apps worth having...

KITTYHAWK = Airspace restrictions and LAANC permissions.

UAV FORECAST = weather in the area with user set parameters such as wind speeds at selected altitudes.

WINDY.COM = A soothing graphic of arrows to show the direction of the wind vs a single pointing arrow.

If possible, fly into the wind to record your content and use the tail wind for the trip home when the battery gets low.

Good luck and welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Last edited:
Greetings!

You’ll need to take the TRUST once it’s available. Soon.

Welcome to the forum from the beautiful woods of Maine!
As MA2 317 said, registration is required and Part 107 cert is only required if you plan to fly commercially. I suggest reviewing YouTube videos like the series that Flytpath has to familiarize yourself with the drone. Fly safe and stay safe!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3