DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Platinum arrived ... Quiet!!!!

mikewired

Reactions
My new platinum basic kit arrived and I got it all updated. I launched it and it is pleasingly quiet. I have been flying my spark around for the last week and it sounds angry. You can still hear the platinum obviously but all the high pitched ringing and buzzing are gone. I am glad I return my regular mavic for the platinum. I did get one extra regular mavic battery for it since the platinum version is in short supply and the color goes well with the platinum.

Reactions: erickx
It has been illustrated in many YouTube videos that it isn't necessarily the noise level that is lower but the frequency, which makes it appear to be less noisy. If I had already purchased a regular Mavic I would not go thru the trouble and expense to get the Platinum. There just isn't that much difference. Real increased fly time might be a minute.

It has been illustrated in many YouTube videos that it isn't necessarily the noise level that is lower but the frequency, which makes it appear to be less noisy. If I had already purchased a regular Mavic I would not go thru the trouble and expense to get the Platinum. There just isn't that much difference. Real increased fly time might be a minute.
I agree that, with the new props, the original Mavic is "quieter". I measured a 3dB decrease with my sound level meter, but more important is the perception of noise with different frequencies - it's less noticeable than before. My prop RPM in a 6-foot hover was about 20% lower, too - almost nobody ever mentions that, and it could help improve motor life.

If you have no Mavic and can afford the difference, it's probably worth getting the Platinum for the improvements - although I'd need more info on the moddability of the firmware before buying. I definitely doubt the new one is worth an upgrade for those with the original.

Last edited:
Search on youtube alot found 2-3 min increased time

My new platinum basic kit arrived and I got it all updated. I launched it and it is pleasingly quiet. I have been flying my spark around for the last week and it sounds angry. You can still hear the platinum obviously but all the high pitched ringing and buzzing are gone. I am glad I return my regular mavic for the platinum. I did get one extra regular mavic battery for it since the platinum version is in short supply and the color goes well with the platinum.

I flew my MPP for the first time today,,,, My first hands on impression: it felt like driving a new car off the showroom floor-->smooth!

Reactions: Lamplighter55
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sampad