DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Pro 2 Owner- IPhone 12 Pro Max too big for controller.

hassanchop

Reactions
Hi Everyone,

I just got the Mavic Pro 2 and I was planning on using my iPhone but it seems too big for the controller. The port doesn't line up properly.

Not sure what my options are. I do have an older phone but it won't have any service since I switched to the IPhone Max Pro.

Any guidance would be great.

Thanks

Hi. Having problems at the moment getting link to stick but had
that issue because of case and got these off Amazon.
D6B02371-0F85-4C3D-8CC5-F60EA9C3F97C.jpeg

Reactions: globetrotterdrone
Thank you. So in this case what wire would I use to connect the phone since that initial Iphone wire would be too short. Here is another one I found.
Holder for Mavic 2
I use a 12” cable. Now I only use that in a emergency. 99.9% of the time i fly with a 10.2 iPad and use something similar or as I fly from
my truck I set it on a tray on my steering wheel. Then I use a 4’ charging cable.

My iPhone 12 pro doesn’t fit the Mavic 2 pro RC as well, it’s too thick. I got the same attachment dirkclod recommended. The cable is actually long enough. Just detach from the original holder. I do find the attachment rather tight as well. You need to angle to fit the attachment to your phone, then connect the cable before fitting into the holder.

Hi Everyone,

I just got the Mavic Pro 2 and I was planning on using my iPhone but it seems too big for the controller. The port doesn't line up properly.

Not sure what my options are. I do have an older phone but it won't have any service since I switched to the IPhone Max Pro.

Thanks
I just bought a Samsung tablet at Costco for $89 to use with my Mavic 2 Zoom, and it is too big for the controller. So, I bought this from Amazon - there are several variations on this theme, all have good and bad reviews, this looks like it will be fine for my purposes.

Attachments

• tablet bracket.png
    tablet bracket.png
    412.5 KB · Views: 38
Thanks for all the advice. A couple of questions...I do have my older Iphone XS that fits but since I switch to a new phone I don't have service. Do I need active service on a phone to use it with my drone?

My other question for the Iphone Pro 12 Pro, if I get the adapter what is the best wire to get that is slighter longer than the one that comes with the Mavic Pro 2.

Thanks for all the advice. A couple of questions...I do have my older Iphone XS that fits but since I switch to a new phone I don't have service. Do I need active service on a phone to use it with my drone?

My other question for the Iphone Pro 12 Pro, if I get the adapter what is the best wire to get that is slighter longer than the one that comes with the Mavic Pro 2.
I fly my MA2 with my iPhone 11 Pro Max in airplane mode. That stops me being interrupted and also stops flight logs being prematurely uploaded to the DJI Cloud. So I can’t see why you can’t use your XS even if it doesn’t have a SIM installed.

You'll need internet for one time activation, updating map, firmware updates (that can be done at home) and in-field authorization zone unlocks.

But unless where you're flying is in an authorization zone needing an unlock, internet is optional. Even for the authorization zone, you can set that up at home using DJI Flysafe website.

You can use WiFi, either whatever is out there or hotspot from your Max.

As for cable, you can use the one that came with the Max, plugged into the bottom port on the RC. Just be sure to remove the side cable or else the bottom port won't produce data.

Reactions: IslandBarnDave
Hi Everyone,

Thanks
Hi, The USBC for iphone (came sith my Mavic 2 mini) does not fit my iphone 15pro - any suggestions on alternative cables out there?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143