DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Props...

Status
Not open for further replies.

grgguy

Reactions
So just the day before yesterday I decided to put some new props on to my Mavic... I had before this fateful day 990 flights not one crash. 243 hours on this drone alone. I have two Mavics I have a Phantom 4 and I have a Phantom 3. I've yet to crash any of these. So I put new props on my mavic took off went up to about 300 ft and I was going to sit there for a second getting situated before moving out. Well all of a sudden I hear a funny noise I look at my remote control and And I see it says no prop and then out of the sky follows my Mavic hits the neighbor's roof practically disintegrates. Now Im without my Mavic. The props that I put on were brand new stock props. Never been used.. First time ever they were used and yes I did put them on correctly because if I didn't it wouldn't have taken off. I'm beside myself and I feel the DJ I should be responsible for this as their prop failed. But we know how this going to go right. They will deny me. I've had trouble with them in the past and I got a feeling that I won't be buying any more DJI products anymore. And as I've already stated I'm already all in on this thing having two phantoms and two Mavics well now just one Mavic... I couldn't be more upset about this I went out of my way to fly that thing carefully to not crash it to take care of it. A faulty pair of DJI props take my taking my drone away from me and some BS they're not going to warrantty it they never do. It was 100% their fault their props fault the my Mavic is gone I did nothing wrong I took it up I put it in the air and it props wrong correctly they weren't they would have flew off immediately the moment I turned it on. As I had done that once before. So they're stupid prop broke and I'm without a drone. Time to start looking for a new play new place to buy drones cuz I won't be buying their garbage anymore.. Guess I'll just need to get over myself right...( Mod Removed )

Last edited by a moderator:
Sad to hear of the loss of your Mavic :( ... Any feedback you can give that might help others would be useful, as I've never seen the description of a Mavic crash like the one you have written above i.e. it's not at all common to my knowledge!
Can you give us any more info on how the prop - or - prop's actually failed?
Like did it/they just spin-off as whole units?
Did they 'break'?
Did you recover the prop's that had 'departed' the aircraft?
Was it one that came off - or more than one?
Who did you buy the prop's from?

I feel the DJ I should be responsible for this as their prop failed. But we know how this going to go right. They will deny me.
... It was 100% their fault
... So they're stupid prop broke and I'm without a drone
... Time to start looking for a new play new place to buy drones cuz I won't be buying their garbage anymore.. Guess I'll just need to get over myself right...( Mod Removed )
So you've made up your mind already that it's DJI's fault and you already know how DJI would respond so there's no need to investigate further or look at any evidence.?

Reactions: old man mavic
im sorry you,lost your drone but you sound like someone who made a mistake somehow and is in denial ,and wants to blame anyone but yourself there are loads of so called genuine DJI props on the internet, and why did you change a pair of them ,instead of the two pairs required there are 4 on the drone and one other thing i cant understand is you stated you went up to 300ft after a prop change you would have been better off just hovering a couple of feet off the ground , and observing the drone, to see if everything was as it should be before setting off on your mission

I mark my props and motors with a small white dot so when I get to the point in the Check List where I have « check props », I double check that the white dots align. These dots are already etched into the Inspire system so I felt it was a good verification. The Mavic 2 props & small locking tabs seem so fragile, I want to be absolutely sure they are snugly locked into place.

Hi I have only just replied to someone else that lost there bird, it's very sad as I said these thing don't come free in cereal boxes. There is something very wrong sometimes.

I feel this fellow was frustrated and just venting. Losing a $1500.00 product of any type is a real bite in the rear and can leave you emotionally upset. I have often seen senior veteran contributors on here respond negatively to posters who are just needing some time to recover. I also have had a drone “fly away” ( a Karma w/a GoPro 6) never to be seen again. And it was very upsetting.Sure, I know now, having flown DJI birds how lucky I was the Karma went bye bye! LOL! I wanted to rant and rave even when losing that Albatross LOL. But responding to new drone pilots with a brusque response doesn’t build good future pilots/contributors? Yeah, a new pilot may ask a question that has been asked 1000 times. Did the OP even know there was a search feature? Does being a smart aleck to a noob make them want to follow this forum and become better drone pilots? I think this forum would better be served if we all remembered we also were once noobs! Hopefully after the OP has a chance to calm down and contact DJI he will find that it isn’t a foregone conclusion that it was or wasn’t operator error. He may have jumped the gun about DJI, but being critical only serves to drive good users away. The OP obviously was invested in DJI gear as he had a number of DJI drones, but not a frequent follower of these forums.

I feel this fellow was frustrated and just venting. Losing a $1500.00 product of any type is a real bite in the rear and can leave you emotionally upset. I have often seen senior veteran contributors on here respond negatively to posters who are just needing some time to recover. I also have had a drone “fly away” ( a Karma w/a GoPro 6) never to be seen again. And it was very upsetting.Sure, I know now, having flown DJI birds how lucky I was the Karma went bye bye! LOL! I wanted to rant and rave even when losing that Albatross LOL. But responding to new drone pilots with a brusque response doesn’t build good future pilots/contributors? Yeah, a new pilot may ask a question that has been asked 1000 times. Did the OP even know there was a search feature? Does being a smart aleck to a noob make them want to follow this forum and become better drone pilots? I think this forum would better be served if we all remembered we also were once noobs! Hopefully after the OP has a chance to calm down and contact DJI he will find that it isn’t a foregone conclusion that it was or wasn’t operator error. He may have jumped the gun about DJI, but being critical only serves to drive good users away. The OP obviously was invested in DJI gear as he had a number of DJI drones, but not a frequent follower of these forums.
Very well said.....

Based on the lack of further posts on this thread from @grgguy - it does look like it's just a rant to vent frustration. Which is a shame really, because on the whole, people on this Forum are sympathetic and wanting to learn from this type of incident. It is a shame that we won't see or hear what actually led to this happening & learn from it.

Last edited:
I'm sorry gentlemen but I had to work I wasn't able to answer the thread immediately My life is not built around my drone or answering questions from this form. I don't believe that I asked for advice or had any questions whatsoever. I was only stating what happened as for a warning to anybody else that's going to happen to them as well.

Once a long time ago when I was a noob. I put on a pair of props wrong somehow and the drone lifted up about a foot off the ground and then flipped over ejecting one of the props if I remember correctly. When I lifted it off the ground that fateful day. I don't remember clearly but maybe I did stop about 10 ft let it sit there for half a second before I shot it up in the air. Maybe I didn't, I don't remember. Regardless when I got up to 305 ft it depropped itself and came down at an angle hitting my neighbors roof at 53 mph. That's what the telemetry tells me when I replay the flight in DJI Go4 app. I think once I've had my mavic up to 54mph with a tailwind in fixed wing mode and sport mode. Ive never seen fly that fast. For it to come down at that speed and velocity that quickly scared the ( Mod Removed Langage) out of me. I'm lucky It didn't hit someone on thier evening walk or someones car. No it came down and hit my next door neighbor's roof at 53 miles an hour. There was no chance to dodge it there was no chance to do nothing. It just said no prop and down it came hitting the roof maybe 2-3 seconds if that after telling me that it had no prop.

If anybody wants to tell me how to load up the telemetry I will do so so they can inspect the flight and they can find a flaw that I made. Of which they will not find. I would be happy to do that if anybody is interested.. I got a feeling no one will. At least not until it happens to them.

Mr old man you can be nicer okay. You dont need to automatically assume that people are at fault. DGI's products are not infallible. And this certainly is a case of that. Brand new never been used before prop came off at 305 ft causing my drone to then accelerate to 53 mph and hit the my neighbor's roof at no fault of mine whatsoever. Hopefully tomorrow when I talk to them we'll figure something out. I will update with the results of that conversation tomorrow..

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: old man mavic
I'm sorry for all the typos in my previous response. I kind of just whipped it out and posted it before I looked at it to edit it so I apologize. I hope it's not too hard to read....

I'm sorry for all the typos in my previous response. I kind of just whipped it out and posted it before I looked at it to edit it so I apologize. I hope it's not too hard to read....
Not hard to read but doesn’t make much sense being I deleted the insulting inappropriate remarks you made to
old man mavic .i feel a apology is in order before this goes Any further.

I'll apologize right after he does.. You know dont even worry about it. If you want to delete the whole thing if it suits you. I'll get over it as I'm sure he will too...The guy shouldn't make assumptions with his holier then though attitude.. If he hadn't come at me like that that then I would have not responded the way I did.. Its done and Im ocer it. Delete the thread..Ill move on... Thank you..

Wrong answer.
I see no need in this thread going any further so it’s over.

CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98