DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New / replacement Mavic 2 keeps loosing connection for a few seconds - How to force a firmware update

KennyL

Reactions
I recently crashed pretty hard - DJI replaced the Mavic 2 Pro with the insurance.
The brand new drone I received now keeps freezing with the video and the distance measurements
( will stay on 800 ft and then jump to 1200 ft ).

With RTH the drone flew right overhead but when it started its decent, it started going in circles of about 10' while descending.
I reset my home point and tried again with basically the same results
I have one button customized for the landing light - - have to press it like 8 times for the light to turn on. ( right overhead )

DJI told me to force a firmware update ( I think that's what he said in the very broken English )
(( had to tell him my name 5 times and repeat my email address to him many times ))
They sent me an email with instruction that have nothing to do with my drone

Can I force a firmware update through DJI Go 4 ???
Or does anybody have any other ideas ??

When you connect the drone (with power on - remove props for safety) to DJI GO4, it will display your current version and also display a list of versions. I believe there's a refresh option. You can also refresh (reload) the current version, which I what I assume the tech was trying to tell you.

Reactions: KennyL

Instead of upgrade you will see "refresh" in the DJI Assistant 2 menu

Reactions: KennyL
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redcircle