DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New skin improved visibility and custom

I bought my Mavic Pro secondhand and it had a full "carbon fibre" wrap' I was not a great fan and when it started to lift on the corners I decided to strip it completely. I think it now looks much better naked and unadorned. Luckily we still live in a world where we can have personal choice.
However I am tempted to try some form of fluorescent wrap on the belly (underside), as it might help my ancient eyes.
I also like the opportunity to change your mind when desired. Choices abound. Wish you well on your flights,

Here is my M2 Zoom wrapped. Easy to apply and the instructions are very easy to follow. Don't attempt to put a skin on if you have had a big night prior........you need steady hands. The material is pretty forgiving though if you need to reposition anything.
Good custom job. Yes, a steady hand is helpful. I also like that the material is forgiving. Lifts off and reposition. I have skinned several and get better each time. Enjoy your flying.

Well, that certainly hasn't been my experience--swallows, gulls, crows, and other birds didn't seem in the least bit worried about my stock Mini or MA2 color.....

Don't know if it is true or not but from this website Five Star Painting

Birds
- Birds rely heavily on their ability to see colors - from finding a mate to picking the ripest berries. Bright colors tend to attract a variety of birds, including blue jays, humming birds, orioles, warbles and goldfinches.

- Even darker grays, browns and dull greens are likely to attract birds with cautions temperaments like quail, doves and ground feeders. These colors comfort birds, and create a feeling of safety.

- One color that the majority of birds avoid is white. A dull or bright white signals alarm and danger to birds, causing them to avoid those areas.

Reactions: Biggles846
The new Mavic Air 2 with half inch yellow heat shrink on front legs for better viz and position orientation.

20200614_170946_1_1592179948.jpg
Great idea

Reactions: s.m.d
I often wonder what the best colour of a skin would be for visabuility, generally the drone is up against a light sky so would dark or colourful be best ?
I have a black and white checkerboard pattern from DecalGirl.com

I put this on all of my drone fort improved visibility. If youcall DecalGirl, as for Melissa. They have the BEST skins and are great people. Based in Maryland.

Reactions: THE CYBORG
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engmarceloacs