DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Smart Controller on the horizon?

dcpmark

Reactions
Got a survey about the current Smart Controller, and what I’d want to see in the next version, so at least DJI is doing market research about it. Of course, that means it will be quite a while before the new version comes out, but at least they seem to have begun the planning process for a new one.

I got the survey today and filled it out. Some of the questions were interesting. Also found it interesting how they ignored known issues such as the update difficulties some people experience. If they are just doing this level of questioning now, I don't think we see a new controller for 2 years at least.

Got a survey about the current Smart Controller, and what I’d want to see in the next version, so at least DJI is doing market research about it. Of course, that means it will be quite a while before the new version comes out, but at least they seem to have begun the planning process for a new one.
I hope you said bigger screen LOL

I hope you said bigger screen LOL
Nope....I like the screen size myself. Nor did I ask for the control placement to change.....I wouldn’t want them below the screen as others desire. I asked for compatibility with every new Occusync drone AT LAUNCH and for lighter weight.

Although, I would have no problem if they release the new SC in two screen sizes like they did with CS....give customers a choice between this screen and an XL screen.

Reactions: Crashdummytest
The big push will likely be if Apple and Google get further restrictions imposed on them in the US or worldwide about integrating with a Chinese tech drone company. DJI are likely already planning their own new high res screen update, to connect to all of their drones, with no need for smartphones or tablets.

I asked for a user replaceable battery. Screen is fine, and so is weight, IMO. For us non-tech savvy slow learners, they need to have a mode where you can tap on a screen Icon and it brings up a page explaining it's function. The SC's menu system is a bit complex (it needs to be) but could be better explained.

Reactions: Coskier
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seacorope