DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Strong Interference

QCopterCam

Reactions
Have many DJI copters including two Mavics which are my favorite. I recently added the goggles to my equipment and also updated to .900

Last weekend, I began getting the "Strong Interference to RC" message, video stops and the copter begins the RTH. In a moment, the video returns and I can cancel the RTH and keep flying. In the many flights since, it loses signal, begins RTH, mostly when the copter is just a few hundred feet away when I am returning to land.

I have tried downgrading the firmware. .800 was a low as I could on the copter and .550 on the controller.

I have tried multiple locations with the same result and both Mavic units have had the same problem.

The other things I had done before the problem were... re-pairing for two controller to one unit so an observer could watch the iPad on the secondary remote while I flew on the primary remote. Also, adding the goggles into the mix and several re-pairings to keep everything straight. Since the problem, I have stopped using the goggles and have the RC units paired with their original copters.

My background is both RF and Computers and it just doesn't make since that all of the sudden there is a strong interference, especially when the copter is only 50 feet away and losing signal.

The only thing I can try is re-pairing and see if that helps. Kinda have already done that, but will try again.

So sad, as the Mavics have been so reliable up to this point. Sure look forward to any ideas from the group. I have read and learned a lot from the group, this is my first post. Don't know if it is OK to mention but if anyone is interested you can look for QCopterCam on Youtube to see my adventures. Thanks, John

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe