DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New stuff. Sugestions and criticism welcom

Great photos, and the viewing is in the eye of the beholder.... here are some tweaks on exposure and getting the sky back a little... This is not to say that the originals weren't great!
photo-ed-1.jpgphoto-ed-2.jpg

Reactions: PoonDog and PAW
Thanks for sharing these two images. Here’s my suggestion.

Image #1: In this situation, limit as much of the sky as possible. The sky is blown and is almost impossible to recover in post.

Image #2: Here, the image is under exposed. Second, this is a good example of a leading line.

Additionally... (1) Take multiple images using different exposure levels {-1, 0, +1}. This is available inside drone photo settings. (2) Take multiple shots from slightly different angles. (3) If you don’t have post processing software, look into finding one. (4) Taking great images is an ongoing learning process. I always take many images of my main subject hoping 1-2 turn out great. Look into a book or YouTube video on photography main help you along?

Last edited:
Reactions: PoonDog
Thanks guys. Both of thjese were shot using a 128 ND filter. They probably would have been a little better if my ISO was a little higher and shutter speed a little faster

Image #1: In this situation, limit as much of the sky as possible. The sky is blown and is almost impossible to recover in post.

Image #2: Here, the image is under exposed. Second, this is a good example of a leading line.

Additionally... (1) Take multiple images using different exposure levels {-1, 0, +1}. This is available inside drone photo settings. (2) Take multiple shots from slightly different angles. (3) If you don’t have post processing software, look into finding one. (4) Taking great images is an ongoing learning process. I always take many images of my main subject hoping 1-2 turn out great. Look into a book or YouTube video on photography main help you along?
Thank's Rick, actually I probably have 25 or so of first picture and 20 of the bridge. I didnt change settings much, but, I'll work on that. I alwas appreciate help from you young guys? Im 75 . My 1st camera was a Brownie star flash.een taking pics. soince I was 12. Editing is pretty new to me but I found Light Room and am trying to figure it out. Again, thanks for the tip's
What is "Leading Line" ?

I agree entirely with your 2 points, which is why I tweaked the images just very slightly. I got the sky to what I imagined it looked like on the day (dull & overcast).... could have got it up more, but I think it would have spoiled the image.....

Thanks guys. Both of thjese were shot using a 128 ND filter. They probably would have been a little better if my ISO was a little higher and shutter speed a little faster

Thank's Rick, actually I probably have 25 or so of first picture and 20 of the bridge. I didnt change settings much, but, I'll work on that. I alwas appreciate help from you young guys? Im 75 . My 1st camera was a Brownie star flash.een taking pics. soince I was 12. Editing is pretty new to me but I found Light Room and am trying to figure it out. Again, thanks for the tip's
What is "Leading Line" ?
I think the ND128 was a little too much... in fact, I don't think I would have used an ND filter at all, especially on what looked like a very dull day.
I would have tried to have kept the ISO as low as possible, and used aperture & shutter speed to get the right exposure... and Ricks ideas are a good guide, especially the bracketed option (different exposures taken automatically, which as he said, is in the camera settings in the flight app).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livewire