DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New tablet mount design

LivinLarge

Reactions
I designed a new mount for my nexus 7 tablet. The tablet just does fit in the clamps on the RC without a mount but it makes the RC controls uncomfortable to use. Your thumbs hit the sunscreen and the angle of the grips does not feel right. Also the tablet is facing straight up at the sky.
I created a design in Solid Edge and had it 3d printed. This mount folds flat against the back of the tablet when not in use so it takes up almost no space in my case. When extended, it holds the tablet just high enough above my thumbs and at a good viewing angle. The part that mounts in the RC clamp arms is about the size of a 5" phone so it places the arms at a comfortable angle to grip. The tablet sits in a position so that you can also see the display on the RC. The new mount will be attached to the back of the tablet with VHB.
DSC07663.jpg DSC07664.jpg DSC07666.jpg

Nice, Definitely more portable and should take up less space. Does the tablet stay elevated by friction or do you have an arm that holds it up?

I like it. Any thoughts on making it a clamp/pinch sort of setup so you do not have to tap the tablet to the mount?

I like it. Any thoughts on making it a clamp/pinch sort of setup so you do not have to tap the tablet to the mount?
For me, one of the design criteria was to have it attached permanently to the tablet so that there was no assembly required and that it would store in a small place.

Reactions: newguy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato