DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New to DJI, soaking in the knowledge

Greetings from W. Kentucky! Got my toes wet over the past couple of years with a Holy Stone 720E, now I'm trying my hand with an Air 2. Needless to say, it's like going from a 60s VW to an S class Mercedes, lol! Lots of new info to digest, but I'm confident with the extensive database here, I'll get the hang of it in due time.

Not that concerned about RID, worse case scenario, I'll get the necessary module if/when I need to.
Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Wow, look at all of the replies, Amazing! 😮 I'm already in the FAA database from when I had the Holy Stone, so all I had to do was add the Air2 to the database with the serial #. All the firmware and software is now up to date, so I should be go. I already had B4UFLY installed on the tablet, so I'm aware of no-fly zones. Flying LOS is not a problem for me, I get nervous when it becomes a speck, lol!

I'm using a Galaxy S4 tablet, so I had to get a 1' type C to type C cable for the controller to communicate to the tablet. I already had an adapter to fit the tablet to the controller; it was designed to work with the DJI controller, so I don't have to use zip ties like I did when I used it with the HS controller, lol! I did get some orange Airscrews for it, and they do seem to be an improvement over the original.

The Air 2 is very easy to fly, a blessing! Was able to hover over a raccoon at 60 feet and video it for a couple of minutes without spooking it. Video is very smooth and clear compared to the HS. Many, many settings to play with! I'm confident I'll get the hang of most of it in due time.

Again, thanks for the warm welcome! I'll be mostly lurking for a while, but I'm glad I can get a response if I do have a question!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13