DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New To Editing - Need Desktop Recommendations...

I should have been clearer in regard to what my budget is. I wanted to spend as little as possible to be able to do basic editing. Because of budgetary constraints I know there will be limitations.

I pulled the trigger on the pc I mentioned above with the hope that it will be able to do basic editing. I think I did pretty well for $150. Time will tell if my gamble will yield dividends.

Thanks to all for your advice and recommendations. If money allowed, most of the items mentioned would be on my shopping list.

Reactions: March411
Follow up - The PC I picked up so far has delivered on all my hopes. Despite just beginning to use Resolve 17, it runs it and there seems to be no issues. So far so good.

Reactions: thispilothere
Final follow up - I've upgraded the PSU with a 685W unit and the GPU with a Quadro K5200. So far, no issues at all using Davinci 18. I realize that this arrangement is on the low end of the spectrum but it works for me and I believe it will serve me well for the foreseeable future. The big plus is that I saved a boatload of money going this route.

Use that site mentioned earlier, pcpartpicker ..... build your own. Went that route the first time we went to 4K and you always get what you want that way. You could also use like microcenter and have them build what you want but here's the key..... If you can wait just a few more months, there will be a glut of GPUs. ETH mining will essentially be dead and nobody trusts the other PoW cryptos after the crash. All the miners will dump their rigs and the stores with standing purchase orders will be swamped with cards.

Or the merge will be put off forever lol

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78