DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New to Mavic and very sad

What frame rate did you have going/what shutter speed.

Did you use auto anything?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ND filters and a faster SD card likely fixed the problem

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

To the poster.

You are right thinking that something is off with your footage.

My Mavic is doing the same thing as it's getting sent back.

I and others have run multitude of tests at proper shutter speeds and that flashing video stuttering is not normal.

ND filters will not help.

I hate to tell you this but you will likely need to send it back.

In the past week I have seen lots of posts on here and other forums about this same issue and have been talking to people about it.

Call DJI and ask for a replacement because it's is honestly not normal despite what people say.

I'm very thankful of everyone's input. I also believe there is something wrong with my drone. I fly cheerson cx20 and have a möbius camera mounted and have never had issues like the video being "jerky". I expect issues with cx20 but for this much money my expectations are much higher.
I have sent mine back and am waiting for a replacement. In one of my videos that I didn't post I held the camera at hand in the kitchen and the video was so bad when moving the drone from left to right that even my wife made some notations of the quality! I'm very disappointed but am still very happy of everyone here trying to help me. Once I get the new drone I will attempt the many suggestions noted here.

Razors....where did you find this video from....this guys problems look very similar to mine.
I had this same issue at 30FPS. When I turned to 24FPS it went away. I had read on another thread this is b/c Mavic can only do 60Mbs vs 100 which is needed for 30FPS. I have read other threads 30FPS on the Mavic is not a gd choice and sometimes not useable.

Razors....where did you find this video from....this guys problems look very similar to mine.
I have been talking to him on Facebook.

Both of us are sending back to DJI soon.

I did some more testing tonight

Bought a brand new SD card
SanDisk extreme 32 gig class 10 U3 90mps transfer up and down.

The video stuttering still occurred at 24 fps and 30 fps at 1080, 2.7 and 4K.

It's not a SD card issue
Its not a play back issue on computer
It's a problem with Mavic Sensor unfortunately.

Call DJI and ask to send back for replacement or repair.

They should sent you some UPS mailing slips by mail and and email with instructions ect.

I hope we get the replacements we deserved

Reactions: Fanbelt

It's not a SD card issue

They should sent you some UPS mailing slips by mail and and email with instructions ect.

Mine was sent back and am waiting for a replacement.

I've been having the jerky motion issue everyone complains about also. I took everyone's word that it was the shutter speed and that I needed ND filters but have been worried about those who say their drones are bad and are sending them back. The problem is that after buying the drone and an extra battery and then a new PC that can edit 4k, I need to chill on purchases until the wife calms down a bit.

At any rate, last night I made some more adjustments to my gimbal and yaw axis and needed to test them. My thought was as soon as I get home the light might be good for setting my shutter speed to 2x the frame rate ~1/50 and test out the new settings.

Turns out the stuttering I get in full light was gone. The video was crap for other reasons but they weren't part of the test. My conclusion is that improved yaw settings and proper shutter speed will make things good. Guess I need to go collect cans or something for some PolarPros.

Reactions: Arevalo

It's not a SD card issue

i agree if you are getting it in 1080 as well then there is a problem.

@mman don't despair.. i had the same feeling after coming from a P4P. Turns out it was the chair --> controller interface error :) Couple of things you need to make several adjustments customized to your needs.. like YAW, ATTITUDE, GIMBAL speeds etc. There are a number of youtube videos out there that talk about how to set these settings and what they mean. Also i noticed 4K 30FPS can seem "jerky" at times, I switched it to 24FPS and it has been awesome since. Invest in a set of lens filter and go fly. Hopefully when you get the replacement you will be able to test all the custom settings and go have some fun.

Can someone tell me how to change FPS on the Mavic? I cannot find where to change it - I know I've seen it somewhere? Thanks!

Thank you for the hopeful message. The drone was delivered to them on Monday and as of this minute I haven't heard anything about a replacement! Not sure why it's taking them so long.

Downgraded firmware, recalibrated Imu and gimbal, and updated seems like it fixed the issue have to make some tests, but hope is better

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GillesdeColombes