DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New to the Community quick question

OaklandPlayr

Reactions
I’m having issues figuring out where and how to cut edit and reduce my footage as I acquire it….. the 5.4 k doesn’t play correctly on my computer of da Vinci or light works. Just would love some tips on organizing as well. Thanks for any input! What does everyone think about Litchee app or does everyone run the dji? Again thanks for taking your time to respond.

Reactions: 4006448
Is it possible that your computer is simply not capable of playing 5.4k video or the "h.xyz" thing used to encode?, or whatever the correct term is, the video?

Welcome to the forums!!!

Litchi is great if you want waypoints but still prefer DJI fly overall. Everyone has their own opinion, see what works best for you, litchi does cost a fair bit though, I managed to buy on black Friday at less than half the cost with a coupon.

If your laptop doesn't handle 5.4k just use 4k (I only use 4k60) or unfortunately buy a better laptop to handle the video data. Could be the x265 or the 5.4k that's tripping your laptop up. Are you recording in normal or dlog or HDR? Try different setting for recording.
Try using your phone for editing as well. There are some amazing apps on android but none handle HDR.

Get yourself an external SSD or HDD and backup everything you think is worth keeping, I also have webspace and use that so I can access from anywhere. I save everything in a location folder and date/time them too as I return to places to re-film in different lights and weather.
What started off as a small hobby 12 years ago has turned into over 11tb of footage and that's with removing a load of stuff aswell

Last edited:
Reactions: OaklandPlayr
In Da Vinci Resolve, you can make proxies and edit using those. When it renders, it will swap out the high resolution footage to output to your final render settings.

Reactions: OaklandPlayr
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman