DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New "To the Mavic"

I can tell you that using an iPad mini with this remote controller is no fun. It's not well balanced and it's hard to hold. I ended up getting one of those Huawei ascend xt2 phones and it has been working out pretty well.

Mine doesn't. I thought it did at first when I went back from .18, but nup, still drops out.
Flew with Litchi without a drop out for two batteries on Christmas day.
My Tab A is pretty underpowered. I have to run it in airplane mode, close all other apps, and either turn off caching or cache to the SD card. I also freed up as much RAM as possible.

My Tab A is pretty underpowered. I have to run it in airplane mode, close all other apps, and either turn off caching or cache to the SD card. I also freed up as much RAM as possible.

Yeah, bud I've done everything!!!
It had nothing on it, but after doing a total reset, to try and get it going.. now its got some Samsung crap on it, bit that makes no difference!
Go4 (.18) is a crap app and DJI need to realise it and fix stuff.
They simply cant amend their approved devices list at leisure and tell people to buy a new device.
They are telling people with S8's to wait for further updates FFS!!

My Tab A 6 has been perfect with Go4 for over 6 months, not an issue ever!!
Its perfect right now with Litchi.
Its perfect right now with Drone Harmony.
It will not work with GO 4.

Bring the bottom of the arms out as far as possible and the tops against the remote, then just wiggle in the top of the iPad and the corners will protrude from the slots on the side of the arms. Won't fit snug up to the bottom of the remote but it should fit and able to work. Plug it in by using the bottom USB on the remote and plug the other end to the iPad. You will have to unplug the other connect on the side of the remote to make it work.
I just bought a cheaper made in China Meiigoo S8 with Android 7, with 4GB RAM and a Octacore. Works like a charm with the latest GO4 app and firmware.

That's what I've been using until the latest updates and was getting sketchy, it still work as long as you turn everything off and in airplane mode. Also put the app back to the .15 which worked but doesn't have the Pano option.

Hello all, I'm a new mavic pilot, but not new to drones. I currently have a P4 that I've had for two years, and picked up a mavic (not platinum) today at bestbuy. BestBuy is offering a $100 BB gift card with the purchase of the mavic. I have a couple of question (and yes I'm searching for the answers on this site), does the mavic work well with android phones (I have an S8) and I see that you can use the AC without a phone connected to the RC, does that effect maximum range?? Thanks

I use the A5 with no problems, I was a little confused as well with DJI as they say it is built for iPhone but the Crystalsky is Android based I think.

Hello all, I'm a new mavic pilot, but not new to drones. I currently have a P4 that I've had for two years, and picked up a mavic (not platinum) today at bestbuy. BestBuy is offering a $100 BB gift card with the purchase of the mavic. I have a couple of question (and yes I'm searching for the answers on this site), does the mavic work well with android phones (I have an S8) and I see that you can use the AC without a phone connected to the RC, does that effect maximum range?? Thanks
I used a Galaxy S5 and it worked fine. Now I use a ipad 4 mini. Bigger screen.

If you can affrod it I would add a DJI CrystalSky as well, but I would also 100% make sure I take out DJI Refresh check out this video for the ace service they provide

If you can affrod it I would add a DJI CrystalSky as well, but I would also 100% make sure I take out DJI Refresh check out this video for the ace service they provide
Yeah, I've seen alot of talk about it (crystalsky) and looked it up. Is there much difference in quality from an i product??? My ipad is working flawlessly so......

Reactions: Hieth
I'm new to the Mavic and to the forum, how does one connect an iPad to the controller?

I'm new to the Mavic and to the forum, how does one connect an iPad to the controller?
Welcome.
Standard lightning cable into the usb port on bottom of controller.
iPad mini fits directly into controller and anything larger will need a 3rd party mount.

Callum,
Thanks for the prompt reply. I've yet to take the Mavic up yet, still trying to sort out all the bells and whistles.
been wathcing how to videos and such. Perhaps today for a training flight.
Thanks again.

Callum,
Thanks for the prompt reply. I've yet to take the Mavic up yet, still trying to sort out all the bells and whistles.
been wathcing how to videos and such. Perhaps today for a training flight.
Thanks again.
No problem.

There's a wealth of information in these forums, I recommend reading the crash posts, gives you an idea what to look out for.

If you need any advice don't hesitate to ask.

Enjoy your first flight

The Mavic works perfectly fine using the Android however, when using the DJI 4 Go app, it crashes every 5 minutes on mine. I have read on many forums that this is a common occurrence but not one to be too alarmed by. You simply restart the app, it does not affect the flight dynamics of the Mavic. Alternately, if you use Litchi, you won't encounter any crashes (well, I haven't). After purchasing my new Samsung S8, I have retained my S6 model and use it with the Mavic (also the P4). Although you can fly the Mavic without a screen, you should not consider doing so as once you are more than 100 meters distant, it becomes very difficult to see with the naked eye. Also, if you're not logged in with the Go or Litchi app, your altitude and distance will be limited. Additionally, it becomes very difficult to accurately aim the camera to any objects of interest.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dozerdan