DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New to this

Welcome Pete!
So you think it is a hobby yeah? Naw! now you're hooked and you won't get away!
Seriously though, you have joined a wonderful forum whose members go out of their way to make you feel welcome and will provide you with assistance and information should you require it.
Happy flying,. Stay safe!

Hi Everyone

Just received my Mavic air (Red), so thought i'd better join into this Forum, never had a drone before so looking forward to my new hobby.

Cheers
Pete
Welcome to the forum from the Rocky Mountains of Colorado! Happy and safe flying!

Welcome to the forum from Chicago the Windy City.
Pete, I am sure you are getting a lot of good advise here from other pilots.
There are more then 50 things that can happen to your bird, good to find out what causes a flyaway.
Do a search function about flyaway, go back to last year, and you will see the many causes for a flyaway.
Don't want you to say "Did I do That?" Drones don't just fly away, 99% of the time its pilot error.
Almost happened to me today, really cold here in Chicago area, new battery, fully charged, after 5 mins of flying the battery power went from 80% to 0. In seconds from the cold, if I was flying more the 50 feet up it would have crashed. Never in the four years have I seen it say critically low battery, fortunately it was low to the ground and still able to land it manually on my home pad. Charged it back up, and hoping none of the cells were damaged.

Welcome to the forum from Chicago the Windy City.
Pete, I am sure you are getting a lot of good advise here from other pilots.
There are more then 50 things that can happen to your bird, good to find out what causes a flyaway.
Do a search function about flyaway, go back to last year, and you will see the many causes for a flyaway.
Don't want you to say "Did I do That?" Drones don't just fly away, 99% of the time its pilot error.
Almost happened to me today, really cold here in Chicago area, new battery, fully charged, after 5 mins of flying the battery power went from 80% to 0. In seconds from the cold, if I was flying more the 50 feet up it would have crashed. Never in the four years have I seen it say critically low battery, fortunately it was low to the ground and still able to land it manually on my home pad. Charged it back up, and hoping none of the cells were damaged.
Thanks for the advice Spitfire, apperciate your feedback, Not flown my Mavic Air yet, weather terrible here in the UK( well where i live) hopefully next week sometime. Cheers

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada