DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New update for DJI GO 4 Android and iOS, CS?

I agree. The CS is on the back burner. Patience is something a CS owner must have. It will arrive....

Reactions: mikeroycollins
What sucks is I still have v4.1.20 in use ( on my mini4) for my Mavic Pro, and now my new MP2 doesn’t want to play well with it... I ended up using my iPhone with the new DJIGo (v4.3.12) to set up my new bird today and take my first flight.
I hate being forced to update when everything’s working fine.

Any idea what the update consists of? My CrystalSky should be at my house on Saturday. So should I just keep using my phone until the update comes out for the CrystalSky?

No my friend, use it right away.. We are talking about the Waypoint 2.0 update. It will be one fine monitor to use providing that it works well out of the box.

No my friend, use it right away.. We are talking about the Waypoint 2.0 update. It will be one fine monitor to use providing that it works well out of the box.
Oh, okay. I just got my Mavic Pro Platinum on Christmas so I haven't messed with the intelligent flight modes yet. Been too cold and rainy here.

Reactions: Rambler22
Oh, okay. I just got my Mavic Pro Platinum on Christmas so I haven't messed with the intelligent flight modes yet. Been too cold and rainy here.
Excellent Bird, I kept my Mavic Pro Platinum. I Also bought the Mavic 2 Zoom. The Pro Platinum that I have works beautifully. You need to know one thing if you don't know it when flying. Don't chance anything when flying KNOW ALL YOUR MOVES BEFORE DOING THEM . THINK BEFORE DOING THEM. One of the most important thing is (Dont Panic) Think before reacting on the RC Sticks. I say this because if I followed this advice when I was a new pilot I would have my First Mavic Pro Platinum 3 crashed ago. Yes, Panicing made me waste 2 drones. I learned...

Reactions: mereflyer
Excellent Bird, I kept my Mavic Pro Platinum. I Also bought the Mavic 2 Zoom. The Pro Platinum that I have works beautifully. You need to know one thing if you don't know it when flying. Don't chance anything when flying KNOW ALL YOUR MOVES BEFORE DOING THEM . THINK BEFORE DOING THEM. One of the most important thing is (Dont Panic) Think before reacting on the RC Sticks. I say this because if I followed this advice when I was a new pilot I would have my First Mavic Pro Platinum 3 crashed ago. Yes, Panicing made me waste 2 drones. I learned...
Thanks for the advice. So far I fly it around my neighborhood and just get some aerial shots of it. Nothing crazy. I don't fly low, usually 150 ft or higher. It's a new neighborhood so there aren't many trees and the ones we have are not tall. First few times I flew, I kept it in beginner mode. I've been messing with and racing RC cars for a long time so I dont get too worked up with stuff. I've watched plenty of videos of people crashing or losing their drones so I try to learn from their mistakes.

Reactions: mereflyer
Tech support says no immediate plan to update the Crystalsky controller to waypoints 2.0. Makes no sense at all since the Smart Controller is the Crystalsky 5" screen.

This is what I don't understand about DJI. Their CS monitors, and now their very own Smart Controller seem to be left behind on the feature updates all the time. I for one don't see myself using Waypoints all that much, so no big deal to me. But there seem to be a lot of people who do.

Reactions: Porky
This is what I don't understand about DJI. Their CS monitors, and now their very own Smart Controller seem to be left behind on the feature updates all the time. I for one don't see myself using Waypoints all that much, so no big deal to me. But there seem to be a lot of people who do.

I only use the CS because it’s a bloody good screen, if I wanted to use waypoints I’ll always revert back to my iPhone.

I hardly used waypoints on my other drones so it’s not a major issue for me now, same as @jsinon

Reactions: jsinon
First of all I will never buy an iPhone, secondly its a application. I want to use the 7.5" CS that I bought and not have any limitations. The 7.5" is larger that my cell phone.

For me waypoints will very helpful for my projects and jobs. My CS is only 4 months old and now rendered obsolete is BS.

My CS is only a month old, not a kick in the guts for me, But to help your projects/jobs you will have to revert back to your, I take it by your comment about iPhones, Android.

You never had WP before on your CS so waiting a little longer ain’t gonna make much difference.

I have it on my phone but to small to work with is the main reason for the CS. I don't want to be swapping phone/CS and tablet all the time so I buy the CS with expectations it was an outstanding product and get the upgrades. I had read the WP were coming as a feature when I was researching the CS and that the APP was running android. But when DJI has a excellent product then not upgrade it is not smart. If I hadn't put so much money into DJI I would find something else. I cannot turn back now.

It is frustrating but WP has only just come out on the other platforms, soooo we’ve now just got to sit back and wait I’m afraid, Sod’s law...;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143