DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

new update

teccer

Reactions
when I started my mini2 today I had a message on screen saying new update available, I declined but thinking about it I wonder if it would solve the small problem I have had since having the mini 2 a couple of weeks ago,
with my P3P when I yaw 360 Degrees the drone stayed in the same place and just turned itself, now with my mini2 if I do the same it actually turns in a circle of 1 meter and not too steady, or if I just turned 90 degrees it would turn but move foreward about 1 foot while turning.
app 1.2.4
I wonder if updating would stop this from happening?
thoughts on this.
thanks

the new APP is available on IOS downloaded it today ,but thats me ,i always read the update info and then decide if it is worth doing

Read about it and wait to see who is having a problem.

Unless you want to be our tester.

If so let us know how it is going.

Reactions: Smooth Rhythm
Rumor has it that other than support for the FPV, and perhaps some probably invisible stability updates, nothing has really changed from the previous version for the Mini's & MA2. So you'd have to install it to see if it has any impact on your issue. Though from your description, it doesn't sound like an app issue.. Though its just a guess, perhaps you should open a ticket with DJI

There was a vid on YT that took a Mini flight with 1.3.0 and appeared to fly just fine, and he reported no issues in any way,.

I flew the new 1.3 DJI-Fly app update both yesterday and today with absolutely no problems using my Mini 2.

Nothing new in features but I did notice the update resolved some issues with stability of the connection.

A few weeks ago I had reported "RF Interference" message while I was fairly close (within 100 meters) and thought that it might be WiFi interference since this did not show up in more remote areas away from the city.

Just tried a flight along the same path that always gave me "RF Interference" and I few as far as 300 meters with absolutely no loose of signal (5 bars) and no message of RF Interference.

As far as I am concerned, I am extremely satisfied with the new update for this improvement.

I am using a Samsung S8 as my attached device.

I hope this helps other users to test their Mini 2 experience and confirm the overall improvement of the experience.

I installed the DJI Fly app ver. 1.3 update last night, few through four batteries on my MA2 today and had absolutely no issues at all. I'm one that prefers to install updates as they are released. I like staying current with all the latest features and fixes.

Reactions: Howard70
I installed the DJI Fly app ver. 1.3 update last night, few through four batteries on my MA2 today and had absolutely no issues at all. I'm one that prefers to install updates as they are released. I like staying current with all the latest features and fixes.
Me as well.......zero issues. No differences to me

if you read my OP you will see I had a problem when yawing, last night I updated to app1.3, now after 2 batteries all solved so it did help, other than that no difference noted:):)Thumbswayup

Interesting

any way all that's history now as the mini 2 developed a camera problem so as it was within 30 days I sent it back and got a refund , I then bought another mini 2 from a reconised dealer and have had no problems with the new one, having flown the new one about a dozen times I realise that the first one was way out of perfect.
really happy with the new one.
thanks for all your replies

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS