DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Wave of Flight Control/Mapping Apps

Pipeliner

Reactions
Everyone knows about DroneDeploy, Pix4D, and Litchi. They're probably the three most reliable and most used but they all have their bugs.

Recently I've been noticing and trying some new apps. The three below all have some features that the big ones do not have.

Wondering if anyone else has any comments or concerns on any new apps you've tried lately.

Tap2Map
-Let's you split up any mission by flight time, area, or however you'd like which makes data management on big map areas alot easier

Hammer
-Extremely impressed by how many flight types it offers
-Tower mapping; can do up/down or orbits at different heights
-You can "export to 3d KML" any plan you make and instantly open it in apps like Google Earth or ArcGIS Earth
-Multi mission abilities: Can do a tower mapping then fly to a nearby building and do a facade mapping mission, then fly up and do a pano capture

3DSurvey Pilot
-Has nice, clean settings options to manipulate camera angle and aircraft heading on grid and double grids
-Has a road flight template that is probably the best linear mapping option I've come across

Wondering if anyone else has any comments or concerns on any new apps you've tried lately.
From the 3 apps you mentioned I have very good and reliable results with Hammermissions.
But this app not for those on a budget. They offer a free plan, but with limited features.

Depending on the job I still use either one the three:
GS Pro
PIX4Dcapture
MapPilot for Business

If UgCS finally will come out with an IOS control app (currently in Beta) that will be added to my toolbox.

Finally, whatever you choose, make sure it is working with your aircraft, the installed firmware and you are satisfied with the reliability of the app and the results of a mission.

I've used the 3D Survey Pilot app for road flight missions quite a bit (~150 missions) over the last 6-8 months and love it! I've also used the circle flight several times with great results. The app is simple, effective and cheap.

I still use DroneDeploy for most of my grid and polygon mission planning because of the web based planning tool. I love being able to plan a mission at my desk and tweak the settings easily, sometimes the tablet app can be a little fiddly to make fine adjustments to boundaries or settings in the field.

I looked at Tap2Map when it was announced, but I can't justify the cost, it's too expensive for the work we do currently. I'd love to see a lower priced version offered.

Hammer looks really nice too, but like Tap2Map, it's too expensive for our current work.

From the 3 apps you mentioned I have very good and reliable results with Hammermissions.
But this app not for those on a budget. They offer a free plan, but with limited features.

Depending on the job I still use either one the three:
GS Pro
PIX4Dcapture
MapPilot for Business

If UgCS finally will come out with an IOS control app (currently in Beta) that will be added to my toolbox.

Finally, whatever you choose, make sure it is working with your aircraft, the installed firmware and you are satisfied with the reliability of the app and the results of a mission.

I have been looking around for access to the UGCS beta app but can't find anything. I've tested beta apps via Apple's TestFlight but can't find anything from UGCS anywhere.

I downloaded that app weeks ago but couldn't plan any flights. It seemed like I needed a desktop account to sync flight plans, or maybe I was mistaken. It just didn't seem to be able to do anything useful as a standalone app.

It seemed like I needed a desktop account to sync flight plans, or maybe I was mistaken. It just didn't seem to be able to do anything useful as a standalone app.
Yes, that's how UgCs is working.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ken28e