DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie Alert -First startup - FW advice please.

Update:
The Mav came with .400 and I haven't updated it. Did all the calibrations etc. Had a few short, close and low practice efforts in the garden in beginner mode and tripod (pretty windy the last 2 days) and everything seems to be hunky dory.
Absolutely loving it. Just need some better weather to venture a bit further out.
I think I will stay put on .400 as long as I don't get any issues. I am coming round to the view of 'it ain't broke - so why fix it'.......[emoji28]

Did you get any messages from the latest Go4 app?

No, just the height / distance restrictions but that was probably due to beginner mode?

Reactions: phoenix3
I have been flying my mav on .700 with the newest versions of dji go, both in iOS and Android. On the android device i did get messages to not fly further 50 m and above 30, but no problem in ignore that. The only glitch for me was the first time that I've tried the android: it was asking a Chinese phone number to register. Then I've come back home, logged in my account and everything worked fine in the other day. My Android device is a tricky Samsung tab S2 SM-T719y (8")... i can't even access the usb debugging in this bastard , but following the connect-reset procedure, it is working like a charm!

Got my Mavic today and have two questions for now.

If I view maps of the areas I intend to fly at within the DJI GO4 app at home with wifi and have them cached. Will the maps be in real time when I fly without any internet connections?

And I've forgotten the second question...

If I view maps of the areas I intend to fly at within the DJI GO4 app at home with wifi and have them cached. Will the maps be in real time when I fly without any internet connections?

Yes, it shows the map in real-time.

And I've forgotten the second question...

No. Then yes. Maybe... Umm... what was the question again? o_O

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poppy52