DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie question. What could be the problem?

scdronemedia

Reactions
Site
www.sc-drone-media.co.uk
I created a video taken with the Mavic Mini and rendered in DaVinci Resolve at 1080p. When I play it on the timeline in Resolve it looks sharp and clear but when I render it, it comes out 'blocky'. It is not the fault of YT as it looks like this on the laptop. Is it my timeline settings or output settings? Any advice would be much appreciated, as would criticism. I shot it all in P mode (like a divvy, I forgot all about Cine mode - live and learn lol).

Edit: Actually, it does look worse on YT

I am having a similar problem using Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 10.0

The original mp4 unedited looks crystal clear. The rendered product not so much. Looking forward to responses from this thread.

Thanks,
Bchbound

Nice video, a bit long for my taste, if it was half in duration it could say the same story in a more pleasant way. Sorry i know that it is out of topic but, i think, its usefull to point here that this is why (flying under the trees) we need in RTH settings the "Hover" choice.

Nice video, a bit long for my taste, if it was half in duration it could say the same story in a more pleasant way. Sorry i know that it is out of topic but, i think, its usefull to point here that this is why (flying under the trees) we need in RTH settings the "Hover" choice.
Thank you for your input. ANY feedback is welcome and I will take that on board.

Are you making sure that your software is rendering the video the same as it was recorded on the Mini? Frame rate, resolution etc?
Thank you. Yes I have tried different timeline settings and different output settings (all coresponding to the timeline) and have the same result. It does look much better on my laptop. I have a few 3 or 4 videos on YT shot with the M2P which are very sharp on the laptop but downgraded a lot on YT, even when uploading a full 4K video as below:

Hi,

Really impressive video. I am in awe of your piloting (ignoring the finale!) and you're far braver than me in getting so close to the foliage. A beautiful location and I imagine in normal circumstances you'd be lucky to have it more-or-less to yourself?

As for your specific question, I noticed that YT presented it as 720p by default. Manually selecting 1080p improved things a lot, though the blockiness was still apparent at first. Toward the end, however, either it had settled down or it was otherwise unnoticeable.

As a constructive criticism of the overall video, as already mentioned, I reckon it would benefit from editing down to around five minutes. I loved the ending... not because of the crash, but the feeling that the viewer was about to escape the woods out in to the open... only to have their hopes dashed in such a cruel way!

Best wishes,

Dave

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sound