DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie question.

Penningtonsm

Reactions
Hey guys. Buying my first two drone (coming from the bugs 3) Question is, can you see what the drone is seeing on your smartphone screen. Just wondering how folks get wonderful footage unless they can actually see what the drone is seeing. All the vids I are just has the telemetry on the smartphone screen. Thanks

Not my video, but this is what you’ll see

Ahhh nice! Thanks for the vid. Getting even more excited now. Was debating between the air and the pro but the air won out. Thanks again guys.

outube
Ahhh nice! Thanks for the vid. Getting even more excited now. Was debating between the air and the pro but the air won out. Thanks again guys.
With both the Air and the Pro, your phone streams the camera view directly and will save it, at 720p definition, whilst the same footage is recorded on the actual drone's own micro SD card, in whatever definition you've specified (up to 4K)
Remember that the streamed footage your phone records won't have the text and info overlay you may see on some youtube videos. It will be plain camera view.
The footage you see showing the text and information display is a screen recording of the streamed footage as seen by the pilot whilst flying. And of course this is also impacted by signal dropouts... For example, take my range test video linked below; the recorded video I got on the SD card is perfect 4k. But for this video's purpose, I had to record the phone screen so people could see the technical info as well, which makes for a frankly very poor quality video, but gets the video's purpose and message across...
Cheers
Ian

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ad60