DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie questions...

Amac123

Reactions
Hi everyone,
First of all this is a very good forum, just reading through the posts I have learnt a lot, so thanks.
I have just been out, even thou is so cloudy for good photos...

Could I ask a could of questions please.

Is there a preferred/better order for turning everything on, App- controller-drone ?

The reason for asking is, each time I turn on the app is upside down, some one kindly suggested once connected turn the controller round, which worked once.
This morning I could not get it to turn round, ended up doing the whole shoot with it upside down, then when I was walking around looking for a new angle, it sorted its self out!
But I have no idea why...

I have been reading the thread on battery maintenance, most of it went above my head :)
Is there a basic battery maintenance thread/link anywhere?
I have the fly extra pack, should I keep them charged up....or only charge the day before use..should I only store them if fairly discharged....that type of thing?

Finally does it make any difference if you operate the shutter with the controller or the app?
The reason for asking some of the images I took, which I have down loaded on to the pc, are not on the phone but some are.

Well overall I love it, it has made me look at and think about my local area differently as I think of new local subjects.

Cheers, for any help or advice.

Reactions: ff22
Hopefully - some answers:
1) Preferred order of turn on is RC Controller - then aircraft (basic rule that comes from not wanting to turn an RC model on without an active controller). It doesn't seem to matter if Go 4 is started before or after you turn on the RC Controller. My preferred is; phone into the controller arms, USB cable connected, turn-on the RC controller (that will usually start Go 4 as it's set as the default app' for that connection), then turn on the Mavic ... After the Mavic plays its tune, you can then connect Go 4 to the drone.
2) My Android phone always starts upside down too, but just holding the controller upright switches it 180 degrees. I think you need to look at the settings on your phone / tablet for that as it sounds like the screen-rotate is locked.
3) The Mavic batteries are 'smart' enough to put themselves into an ideal discharged level for maintenance if not used for 'x' days. Mavic Pro Go 4 can set this at several levels (3 days to 10 days), Mavic Pro 2 - 10 days. Just charge your batteries when they are used, then allow them to drift down to maintenance.
4) Shouldn't make any difference taking photo's with controller button or Go 4 screen. There are some settings to do with caching photo's on the mobile device ... You'll need to look up some YouTube vid's to get the full story there.

There are a few Androids that won't let the app capture the RC through the USB. Most notably the Samsung Tab E. In such a case, reboot the Android after connecting and powering on the RC.

Hopefully - some answers:
1) Preferred order of turn on is RC Controller - then aircraft (basic rule that comes from not wanting to turn an RC model on without an active controller). It doesn't seem to matter if Go 4 is started before or after you turn on the RC Controller. My preferred is; phone into the controller arms, USB cable connected, turn-on the RC controller (that will usually start Go 4 as it's set as the default app' for that connection), then turn on the Mavic ... After the Mavic plays its tune, you can then connect Go 4 to the drone.
2) My Android phone always starts upside down too, but just holding the controller upright switches it 180 degrees. I think you need to look at the settings on your phone / tablet for that as it sounds like the screen-rotate is locked.
3) The Mavic batteries are 'smart' enough to put themselves into an ideal discharged level for maintenance if not used for 'x' days. Mavic Pro Go 4 can set this at several levels (3 days to 10 days), Mavic Pro 2 - 10 days. Just charge your batteries when they are used, then allow them to drift down to maintenance.
4) Shouldn't make any difference taking photo's with controller button or Go 4 screen. There are some settings to do with caching photo's on the mobile device ... You'll need to look up some YouTube vid's to get the full story there.

Hi thanks for those tips, that should be enough to gt me to try tomorrow, thanks again.

There are a few Androids that won't let the app capture the RC through the USB. Most notably the Samsung Tab E. In such a case, reboot the Android after connecting and powering on the RC.

cheers for that, mine is a Huawei, if I get get stuck again I will give it a a go, cheers.

cheers for that, mine is a Huawei, if I get get stuck again I will give it a a go, cheers.
I'm using a Huawei P10 - so - Settings / Display / Auto-Rotate screen (bottom of the list) - check that's on.

Reactions: Amac123
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent