DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie questions

MsDrone

Reactions
2nd day flying MA2 today, still trying to figure things out of course. For videos I’m wondering how to get the screen specs on the video (altitude, distance, speed, etc). I see it on YouTube videos but can’t figure out how to do it, and I can’t find it in a search.

I think I did figure out my 2nd question from searching here and on google, but maybe someone can confirm. I’m flying with prop guards on for now, and max speed I could get to was just under 29 mph. Do the prop guards decrease the speed that much?

Thanks for any answers.

I haven't tried this yet and to use it you have to also have aftereffects. It looks like telemetry data is in a separate file that you have to import add manually. Kinda a pain.

max speed I could get to was just under 29 mph.?

As previously stated, prop guards will add considerable wind resistance.

Also did you confirm what mode you are operating in? In normal with low/no wind, I see about 22MPH. In sport mode I get around 38-40. Your MPH will be dependent on tail/head wind, which can be significantly different at varying altitudes.

I would consider 29-30 MPH more than adequate with prop guards. If you're really concerned with crashing, don't fly near obstacles or fly at lower speed (use tripod mode).

I haven't tried this yet and to use it you have to also have aftereffects. It looks like telemetry data is in a separate file that you have to import add manually. Kinda a pain.

This looks like another process.

Thank you, that’s great. I will check both out, although probably beyond me right now. New word for my vocab anyway, telemetry!

As previously stated, prop guards will add considerable wind resistance.

Also did you confirm what mode you are operating in? In normal with low/no wind, I see about 22MPH. In sport mode I get around 38-40. Your MPH will be dependent on tail/head wind, which can be significantly different at varying altitudes.

I would consider 29-30 MPH more than adequate with prop guards. If you're really concerned with crashing, don't fly near obstacles or fly at lower speed (use tripod mode).

Thanks. I did confirm the mode, and also double checked on changing the battery as I had read it resets to normal even if it shows sport. I haven’t figured out how to check wind speed yet, that’s a work in progress (I just have a general idea based on the wind flag up at the flying field). But I will keep that in mind for future speed tests, fly with the wind. For now I’m flying in a huge field, so wanted to test speed up the middle of the field.

ditch those prop guards as soon as you're reasonably comfortable. I don't think they are going to do much good at 29 Mph anyway.
Thanks. I figured for the extra $22 Cdn I’d be more comfortable to start with, not planning on keeping them on forever. Good point on noting they don’t do much good at 29 mph anyway! Next time I’m at the field I will try out speed without the prop guards on, see how that goes.

Reactions: pelagic_one
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centrespot