DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Next drone after Air 2S?

Kiwicbrthou

Reactions
After having my Air 2S for a year now I’ve been pretty happy with it.
Then the Air 3 was released and after watching heaps of reviews the only thing that I considered major improvements was the addition of the 70mm camera, longer flight time, and the O4 transmission system.
Will DJI release an Air 3S?
I would think that would be encroaching into Mavic 3 territory personally, but open to hear other folks thoughts on this.
So I’m thinking my next drone will be something in the Mavic 3 line with O4, that’s gotta be in the pipeline!

@Kiwicbrthou personally i dont see DJI releasing another Air 3 version ,the recently released Air 3 is feature packed enough in my opinion

Reactions: projectarjun
When my current air 2s fails or decides to go on a little holiday on its own, will just open up the 2nd one I got 😂 (got new sealed Argos deal for £449 for the drone, one battery and controller)

Don't need the extra transmission range as I'm happy with the 5 miles the air2 will do, not too bothered a out sideways sensors as usually check all surrounding areas before doing fancy video shots. Flight time still fine...20-28mins is fine per battery.
Only thing I would like is 4K 120fps but happy with the 60 the 2s does. No point in me spending another grand on a drone that's only a little bit better.

with the 5 miles the air2 will do
That’s a lot of distance. Do you have some form of proof for that?
What battery percentage was left when it returned?
Just curious, I wasn’t aware they were capable of that kind of fly time. I don’t really follow those kinds of adventures.

Reactions: TheMavic
Who knows when that will happen. There was a big gap between the mavic 2 and mavic 3. Mavic 3 pro isn't that old. But maybe they could just add OS 4 to it and call it the mavic 3 pro + or something. I'd like to see a bigger zoom/camera.
DJI big launch next year (2024) will be called "Four."

Mavic 4 series
O4
4-cameras
4K Live view quality
Waypoints 4.0
4G

DJI big launch next year (2024) will be called "Four."

Mavic 4 series
O4
4-cameras
4K Live view quality
Waypoints 4.0
4G
Where did you get that information? We already have 4g but they won't let it work outside of China.

Reactions: projectarjun
That’s a lot of distance. Do you have some form of proof for that?
What battery percentage was left when it returned?
Just curious, I wasn’t aware they were capable of that kind of fly time. I don’t really follow those kinds of adventures.
I didn't have it on a logged account at the time, had to use a colleagues tablet with a modded litchi as needed my phone to be in contact with others in the search. I was at the coast with the coastguard and other RNLI members looking for a drifter out at sea and found him just over 4 miles out and only had one bar drop in signal, going on that the Air2s easily has the capability of 5 miles but you don't really need it. Battery was about 10% on landing but we headed out in that direction on the boat once we found him and there was no wind at all that day, maybe 3-5 mph.
Think my furthest overall flight distance is about 7 miles, think that was a 22 min flight.
Best battery time was 27 minutes but it was only 200ft up doing a timelapse of morning mist and not moving at all, again with barely any wind.

Reactions: Starz
Who actually needs that much distance? The Air2S has plenty of distance. We need to keep the drone legally in VLOS anyway don't we? Unless of course we have spotters or we break the rules which of course noe of us do right?

After having my Air 2S for a year now I’ve been pretty happy with it.
Then the Air 3 was released and after watching heaps of reviews the only thing that I considered major improvements was the addition of the 70mm camera, longer flight time, and the O4 transmission system.
Will DJI release an Air 3S?
Not only that, my observations (to the specs data) that the cameras in Air3 (both wide and medium) has 1/1.3 inch. Which are smaller than one in Air2S that is 1-inch.
Can I consider it as a downgrade? This discourage me of looking at Air3. Or probably will be Air3S as improvement size to the camera sensor, (like what happened with Air2 (1/2 inch) become 1-inch in Air2S).

I had my Air 2s for about 10 months. Reviewed the info on the Air 3 and my friend bought an Air 3 for Christmas. After flying his a few times. I was sold. So, I sold my Air 2s; bought the Air 3. Glad I did, Not looking back. To me, it was a big step up in operations, feel, features.

Reactions: Kiwicbrthou
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roger-N