DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NFZ

lencomm

Reactions
So I made the mistake of updating the Flysafe software on my M2ED a few days back and, even though I'm not in restricted airspace, I'm now limited to 100' up and 100' out. Granted, there is a yellow ring of restricted space near me but I am outside of it by over 1/8th of a mile. Can I roll back this update or am I stuck? Any help would be much appreciated.

Reactions: brett8883
So I made the mistake of updating the Flysafe software on my M2ED a few days back and, even though I'm not in restricted airspace, I'm now limited to 100' up and 100' out. Granted, there is a yellow ring of restricted space near me but I am outside of it by over 1/8th of a mile. Can I roll back this update or am I stuck? Any help would be much appreciated.
You are stuck.

You might be able to get the NFZ database off you Mavic but only if you haven’t gone to .400 firmware recently (sneaky DJI includes an anti-rollback patch), your prepared for fly with .100 (the latest firmware that has been hacked) and you appreciate that later versions of DJI GO may still stop you flying even with a blank NFZ database on your AC. It’s a lot of compromises for the few spots DJI might have got it wrong with the restrictions. I’m most cases where we can’t fly we shouldn’t be. They (DJI) recently corrected the stupidly restricted in error NFZ I was dirty on them about. It is an authorisation zone now which it should be. It’s not that much of a hassle to self unlock.

You might be able to get the NFZ database off you Mavic but only if you haven’t gone to .400 firmware recently (sneaky DJI includes an anti-rollback patch), your prepared for fly with .100 (the latest firmware that has been hacked) and you appreciate that later versions of DJI GO may still stop you flying even with a blank NFZ database on your AC. It’s a lot of compromises for the few spots DJI might have got it wrong with the restrictions. I’m most cases where we can’t fly we shouldn’t be. They (DJI) recently corrected the stupidly restricted in error NFZ I was dirty on them about. It is an authorisation zone now which it should be. It’s not that much of a hassle to self unlock.
Thanks for the info guys. Is the self unlock through the Pilot app? I'll poke around and see what I can see.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54