DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

N'Gor Island Dakar, Senegal

Great vid, smooth pitches, turns & proper timing between cuts and also a nice sun on the sky (here in Sweden we haven't seen that for a couple month now). Just shorten the transitions, they were a bit over the top ... otherwise Thumbswayup

Thanks. I was playing with different transitions to see the effect. I decided to publish and not spend any more time on this short video. I will try out shorter transitions on the next one! Appreciate the advice.

Hey, nice video! I'm going to Senegal in a couple weeks but I hear that drones are banned for foreigners. Do you happen to know if I would be able to bring my drone to Senegal? Even if I can't fly I would still like to take it to the other countries I'm visiting before and after Senegal. Thanks!!

Where did you read that? I have had no problems coming and going with a drone in my carry on.

Last edited:
Mint place to go!

yeah, it is a pretty cinematic place to be able to fly a drone!

next release will probably be a surfing compilation.....

Where did you read that? I have had no problems coming and going with a drone in my carry on.
Hey thanks for the reply. I found this article here which says drones could be confiscated at customs: Drone Laws in Senegal | UAV Coach (2019)

From what I could understand from the Civil Aviation website, a permit is needed to fly, and you need to be a Senegal citizen to get a permit. I don't really need to fly (although I would like to!) but my bigger concern is just being able to carry it with me through the airport without trouble or having it confiscated. So you think I'll be ok as a foreigner to bring one in? Thanks so much!

Hmmm. Well I won't tell you what to do.

I know from living here there are zero drone laws enforced or cared about. Heck. There is no driver ticketing system in place for traffic accidents or infractions, much less something dealing with a drone. Drones are rare here, occasionally me and my friends when flying ours may see another one over a beach or event.

I leave today for Guinea. I will hand carry a Mavic 2 through the airport and back again into Senegal with not a single worry.

Hmmm. Well I won't tell you what to do.

I know from living here there are zero drone laws enforced or cared about. Heck. There is no driver ticketing system in place for traffic accidents or infractions, much less something dealing with a drone. Drones are rare here, occasionally me and my friends when flying ours may see another one over a beach or event.

I leave today for Guinea. I will hand carry a Mavic 2 through the airport and back again into Senegal with not a single worry.
Thanks so much. This is valuable info. I will take my Mavic and see how it goes! As for flying, I'm only there for a day so won't have too much opportunity but I'm visiting Goree Island - do you think that responsibly flying there would be likely to attract much attention? Thanks again for all your help and enjoy Guinea!

I just aarrived in guinea. No issues yet again in Dakar or Conakry.
You will probably take or hire a loxal tour guide for goree? I don't think it would be a problem, just ask the local guide. As far as attracting attention, I don't think so.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stormsignal