DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Nice, calm flight- with a slight crash at the end...

edfrombama

Reactions
Good evening to all-
Lately, I've been flying my little rc planes and neglecting my drones, so today to took one of my Mini 2s and flew it to the train tracks- about 2000 yards in one direction and then flew back over and went to see the biggest local fishing pond- about 2000 yards in the other direction. No problems, smooth flight, and I got to see what's going on in my world from a higher point of view.
When I brought the flier back home, I just touched a rear prop on a porch deck post and the drone crashed. The gimbal seemed to be having some sort of nervous fit, so I turned the drone off and turned off the controller. When I fired both up, everything seemed to working fine.
DJI does build a solid, hard to destruct little drone, I do believe.

you all be safe and keep well- Ed

Good evening to all-
Lately, I've been flying my little rc planes and neglecting my drones, so today to took one of my Mini 2s and flew it to the train tracks- about 2000 yards in one direction and then flew back over and went to see the biggest local fishing pond- about 2000 yards in the other direction. No problems, smooth flight, and I got to see what's going on in my world from a higher point of view.
When I brought the flier back home, I just touched a rear prop on a porch deck post and the drone crashed. The gimbal seemed to be having some sort of nervous fit, so I turned the drone off and turned off the controller. When I fired both up, everything seemed to working fine.
DJI does build a solid, hard to destruct little drone, I do believe.

So I'm curious,
Was it because you were so used to flying fixed wings that you shorted it on the quad and caught the prop?

Good morning to all-
I think I simply used the wrong control stick- I meant to ease a bit to the side and instead, I eased a bit to the rear. I take off and land the drone from a fairly restricted area, so the landing and take off tolerances are pretty limited. No harm done- no foul,
I do love seeing the world from 300 feet up- get a much different point of view on what's going on.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147