DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Nicks in Masterscrew Props

Mrclaude

Reactions
Hello Folks, I have a new pair of Masterscrew props for my Mavic Pro and noticed after a few flights that there are some nicks on the propeller blades. (see photo) Not sure how they got there, but I'm very conscious of the possibility of a prop failure from nicks in the propeller. The Mastercsrew plastic material seems softer to me than the original DJI blades. Do my concerns seem unwarranted at this point or can I use a bit of sandpaper to smoothen out the nicks?20190924_115230.jpg

if you are not careful trying to sand the nicks out you could put the props out of balance which will cause more problems where were you flying looks like impact damage of some sort

I think that they may be a little less resiliant than the dji props. I bought a second set because of a small crack caused by bumping a bush. Now I probably have all the spares except for the one I will need.

Reactions: dawgpilot
I noticed something similar recently after flying with my first set of steath props for the Mavic Air for a few months (and with no crashes). I ended up buying another set because I'm paranoid like that and don't want to risk my drone to save another $20.

I have close to 70 flights on my Airscrew props and have zero damage to them . I have been very pleased with them

Reactions: ARam55
I have had 4 sets of MA props for my Mavics and one set for my Spark. After many flights, I have seen no failures of any kind. When it is time for new props, I will buy from Master Airscrew again.
I have had 4 sets of MA props for my Mavics and one set for my Spark. After many flights, I have seen no failures of any kind. When it is time for new props, I will buy from Master Airscrew again.
Guys, this is not about brand of prop.
ThE OP wants to know if he should use props that have a nick in them.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones