DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Night at the Amusement Park

jmorse62

Reactions
Looking for criticism and suggestions on this video.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Since everything beyond the amusement park is black, consider aiming the camera down more and/or shooting from farther away - if you shoot in 4k and then zoom into the center of the picture you'll get decent detail while maintaining the angle you're shooting at and cutting out the black sky which is 2/3s of the frame now.. Switch to cinematic mode to make smoother turns.

It's all a bit rushed - as you try to show everything we hardly get chance to look at anything.
Is it an autonomous flight, that would explain why.
I'd try to pick a few well composed viewpoints and move much more slowly around key elements, cutting out any sections while positioning to get to the best spots.

Legal issues aside, that is a risky place to fly. The RF interference from all the lights and moving metal machinery must be intense! IMO, you dodged a bullet.

Reactions: mavic53
There was a tower and tree that you came a little too close to. A few feet from disaster. Raise altitude and point camera downward would be my recommendations.

Thanks for all the suggestions unfortunately I don't be able to try it again until next year. Regarding the safety issue, I went through and found the tallest point was the tower st 100 feet. I set my flight altitude at 110 feet. I flee the mission a few times in the daylight (with permission) in the daylight while I observed from below. I followed over building as much as I could and filmed when the crowd was at a minimum.

Permission or not (legal or not, you would need a Part 107 waiver in the US), it is still risky to fly above a carnival like that even during the day let alone at night.

If EVERYBODY would simply add their general location (country and state) then we would have a better idea whether or not to chastise you for flying in a manner that is not according to the USA preferred regulations.
;)

Reactions: vtcats
Looks pretty cool, I like the fast speed as it goes with the Carnival. Just need to toss in some music.

Given all the stuff that is around the mavic did well with contact with your remote

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imMike507