DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

night flight

johnsctt78

Reactions
hi guys
quick question.just started to do some night xmas photos etc,Is it normal for the mavic pro to raise a little and lower in altitude with the sensors not functional during low light settings? The strangest thing is if i let it hover in position to take a shot it will lower or gain altitude and i need to make corrections to keep stability.just starting the nighttime learning curve for pics

hi guys
quick question.just started to do some night xmas photos etc,Is it normal for the mavic pro to raise a little and lower in altitude with the sensors not functional during low light settings? The strangest thing is if i let it hover in position to take a shot it will lower or gain altitude and i need to make corrections to keep stability.just starting the nighttime learning curve for pics

Best to turn off all the sensors so they dont struggle trying to function in the dark,
This should give you a more stable flight.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain.

How much deviation are we talking about? A drift of 1ft or so is normal. Just look at some YT flight time tests and comparisons using hover that fast forward through the test. You'll see the bouncing they do.

How much deviation are we talking about? A drift of 1ft or so is normal. Just look at some YT flight time tests and comparisons using hover that fast forward through the test. You'll see the bouncing they do.
im getting about 2-3 feet at night either way in darkness

Flying at night is tricky, and also illegal, unless you are specially trained and have a Waiver from the FAA, you are not allowed to fly at night. Guys, correct me if I am correct in saying that.

Flying at night is tricky, and also illegal, unless you are specially trained and have a Waiver from the FAA, you are not allowed to fly at night. Guys, correct me if I am correct in saying that.
maybe in the future spitfire you should ask before you pass judgement,i knew i should of said i had a waiver to avoid grandstanders see attachment

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    49 KB · Views: 30
Sorry, not passing judgement, not perfect, that's why I asked to be corrected if I was wrong. Thank You.

Reactions: johnsctt78
No waiver needed if there is no license involved. One of the reasons I don’t have the 107 stuff. Cooler at night in the summer for my area.

165cf5aa324d6d92b1fc46221bd806d9.jpg

If You Weigh over .55 lbs, Congratulations...You Now Fly Under Part 107 of the Federal Aviation Regulations...The “Part 107 License” is to Conduct Commercial Operations for Compensation or Hire...NOT Having a License doesn’t exempt you from that “107 Stuff”...Look, I get it...if you’re out in the middle of Montana chances are you can break the Rules and get away with it...Just know that you ARE Breaking the Rules...The FAA is Now going to require Recreational Pilots to Pass a Test...for the simple fact that we ALL now Operate Under Part 107...

My sole Intention with this post is to Inform and in No Way Be-Little. Please take the time to review Part 107 and by all means Please Ask…

Reactions: SpitFire
You clearly don't understand 107 and recreational flying.

There is a recreational exemption from 107, assuming the flight fits all 8 points in what qualifies for the exemption. One is the safety and knowledge test which hasn't been implemented yet but won't be the same test nor as hard as one needs for 107 certification.

The under .55lb simply exempts one from having to register to fly it under the recreational exemption.

One of the 8 points is following rules of a CBO. Right now there isn't an officially recognized CBO, but AMA rules are generally accepted until then. AMA doesn't have any rules about flying at night, so that's where the loophole comes from.

Reactions: Starz
Hey Thanks for the Clarification...You’re Right, I got my license and whenever I go flying it’s under 107, The Recreational Rules I know nothing about...I was going by the last 35 years of Having to fly under 91,91k,121 & 135...for all I know there is no Rules for Recreational Airplane Pilots...So as I stated, its always good to learn something new!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll